No announcement yet.

Getting there...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a plant in Mena, Arkansas. I work for Emerson Motor Company (engineering). Our Mena plant builds some pretty big motors. They might go by US Motors, though.

There's a certain passion we have with our bikes that others just may not understand. Because many shops simply won't work on bikes as old as ours, we're kind of forced to do it ourselves. Sure, they may be bikers, but I wonder how many of them break them down and work on them themselves....or how many just take them in to be worked on for them. I'd put money on the fact that most of those smirkers and head waggers have the work done for them.

Therefore, your statment about them not understanding is probably right on the money.

I'm extremely proud to own and ride a classic. She turns heads for two reasons, she sounds wonderful and looks great!

Comment

Cool Craiger!

Small world, i used to work at U.S. Motors until 4 yeas ago. i worked there for 8 years, I built alot of prototypes (NEMAs and Titans) that came down from you guys.

Now I drive trains cross country for Kansas City Southern R.R and own/operate Escobar Polishing Co.

Kind of ironic, i depend on diesel generated traction motors to get my trains moving.

Comment

Yeah, some of the guys in my group work on the Titan line. You might know Todd Middleton, Ron Schmidt, Mike Cullen (my boss' boss), and some others. I've been here for 19 years, but just joined this group last October. I work in Product Development for the Fluids Division.

Comment

I really can't remember them, but it's been a while too.

You ever come down this way give me a holler, got some nice mountains to ride here in the Ozarks, good places to stop & eat.

Comment

Sounds fun. I appreciate the invite.

Comment

Originally posted by Escobarclan View Post
              I really can't remember them, but it's been a while too.

You ever come down this way give me a holler, got some nice mountains to ride here in the Ozarks, good places to stop & eat.

Hate to "horn in" but how far are you from Eureka Springs? We normally take at least one trip there a year to pretend that we're at the Rock Store or a The Gap.

-KR

Comment

Hey dude! "Horn in" all you want. The more, the merrier.

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                Hate to "horn in" but how far are you from Eureka Springs? We normally take at least one trip there a year to pretend that we're at the Rock Store or a The Gap.

-KR
                Looks like he's close to 200 miles away. Eureka Springs is farther north in Arkansas (pretty close to Rogers....where we used to have another manufacturing plant).

Comment

Sorry guys been busy with my biz and railroading. Craiger's right, I'm prettty far from there, but give me a shout if you want to meet up sometime. Right now I'm up to my ears with my polishing biz, but I'm hiring more help this week. Now if the railroad can just ease up a little.........maybe I can ride my bike more, instead the choo choos.

Comment

Working...
                  X