Finally a picture or two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a picture or two

Well, I said I would post a picture of the repainted front fender, rattle canned and all.

Looks good. Since I first saw one in a magazine ad, I have loved that maroon/black color combo on the '83 GS750E. I see you removed the bikini fairing and installed a round headlight to facilitate the new windshield.

Rattle can paint jobs, if done correctly and carefully, can be made to look almost as nice as a professionally sprayed job. The big problem is durability.

I've painted many body parts with rattle cans before, and several people have commented that they had no idea it wasn't factory until I told them. I wouldn't ever try rattling a fuel tank because the clear would be ruined after one paint splash, but fenders, tail pieces, and side covers can be made to look like new with spray cans.

Looks like you're ready for the open road.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Very nice, Clone! Bike looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
        wait... since when did suzuki make the HHR? i guess the engine is the same size though 8-[

Comment

Suzuki decal on a Chevy?? Travesty! Nice motorcycle though.

Comment

I am proud to ride an ancient Suzuki, it is no different than those guys who put a harley sticker/buel,yamaha, arctic cat sticker on their other rides. My wife hates that red S, the first day she came home, the first thing she says to me is where did that Suzuki sticker come from:roll:

Comment

Not to go off topic, and feel free to switch to PM, but how do you like the HHR? My mom may be picking one up soon. I've sat in one and it was too awkward and squished for my liking but I'm a lot taller then her. How is the reliability, mpg (guess that depends on which motor you get), handling, etc.?

Comment

Jola, the HHR is nice for us, both of us are under 5'10" and not heavy folks. So we find it roomy, with the dog in the back seat. The seat folds down flat and gives you a huge cargo area. It does suffer from severe torque steer when you stand on it. But that is from the 2.4ecotec, the smaller engine doesn't torque steer so badly. The other issue is the 2.4 doesn't like regular, it neds midgrade or premium so it costs a bit more to fill up. The milage is pretty good, consistently 8.0l/100k on the highway and around a steady 60k in town, you can get 6l/100k. In stop and go traffic it gets up to around 11l/100k. If you use the cruise a lot it is really economical. And for us the trade off was interior space vs ride vs economy vs comfort. And 0% financing was important.

Does this help?

Comment

Every time I see a picture of a clean '83 GS750, I think "why in the heck did I sell mine!"

Nice bike ~ your a lucky man!

Maybe some day I'll find another. [-o<

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                    Jola, the HHR is nice for us, both of us are under 5'10" and not heavy folks. So we find it roomy, with the dog in the back seat. The seat folds down flat and gives you a huge cargo area. It does suffer from severe torque steer when you stand on it. But that is from the 2.4ecotec, the smaller engine doesn't torque steer so badly. The other issue is the 2.4 doesn't like regular, it neds midgrade or premium so it costs a bit more to fill up. The milage is pretty good, consistently 8.0l/100k on the highway and around a steady 60k in town, you can get 6l/100k. In stop and go traffic it gets up to around 11l/100k. If you use the cruise a lot it is really economical. And for us the trade off was interior space vs ride vs economy vs comfort. And 0% financing was important.

Does this help?
                    Thanks! It helps a lot.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X