Installed original instrument panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed original instrument panel

The instrument panel was not installed on my bike when I got it. There were parts in a box but no fasteners and the gear indicator lights and other bulbs were missing. Riding with Paul ("p s" on this forum) the other day he noticed that my tail light was out and I lost a lens from a turn signal. So yesterday I wired in the built in front turn signal on my fairing and removed the others to use as spares for the rear. My tail light running light filament was burned out and the after-market housing was sealed (disposable unit?) so I had to cut a hole to replace the bulb...but it worked out OK. While installing the front turn signal wiring I discovered the missing parts for the instrument panel underneath a bunch of black tape. :-D So after a lot of patience and improvising I got the original instrument cluster re-assembled and installed. I like it and will not be leaving my turn signal on so often with the reminder flashing in my face! Fuel gauge works, gear indicator, lights....I like it!

nice job man! I like your gauge cluster better than my 80's. Good deal!

Comment

Working...
    X