Dog Bones just arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Bones just arrived

I noticed that my bars were not as comfortable as my other bikes because they were too low. Got some 4" dog bones on eBay for only $14.99. Now the riding position is more like what I am used to and so far it feels pretty good. The neat thing about dog bones is that there is a lot of adjustment possibilities. :-D

They look good too.

So does that fairing. What is it?
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I think it is a Givi A750 similar to: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/733/282/
      but it has built in turn signals that may have been installed by the previous owner. I got it on Craigslist last summer for use on my Honda.

Comment

Those are kinda cool. Gives it a "custom pseudo-Mad Max" look while being functional as well.
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Definitely dig the off-the-beaten-track approach to the handlebar mounts. Looks great.

Comment

Something to bear in mind...many aftermarket bars are hollow and let lots of wicked vibes in through the wrists and hands.
            If your bars are buzzing to where you see it in your mirrors or making your hands go numb after 30mi you can get a lot of it out by making lead plugs to go in the bar ends. A couple inches of lead does a lot of damping. Takes a bit of experiment to get just the right length insert for a particular engine, but it's simple.

Comment

My bars are on the buzzy side. I think it will be interesting to experiment with bar end weights. I have read a lot of varying experiences with "bar snakes", silicone and lead shot, etc. It is probably as you say...a process of changing the weights and placement... and tuning to dampen the resonant frequency of the worst vibrations.

I am probably going to go back to work (after being off for 9 years!) so I can afford to put fuel in it. LOL Maybe if things are slow at work I can come up with an FEA model of the system to narrow down the the search for the most effective configuration.

Comment

Working...
              X