An underbelly muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
    You might be able to use a 2006/2007 GSXR 600/750 slipon to get the look you want, with modification to the muffler's midpipe and possibly to the collector of your header. That's what I have planned for my project...

Here's a pic of my 06 Gixxer 750 with the GP style exhaust:

Hotbodies Racing has aftermrket GP-style tailpipes available...The Suzi ones have an attached silencer, and the Yammy R6 model is just the megaphone tailpipe, and retails @ under $100.00 I was thinking about doing this to my bike awhile back.
    Hugh

Comment

how loud would that be and would you think it would sound good on a 850.

Shane

Comment

What is a slip on megaphone muffler? is that an actuall muffler? i'm looking for something that is going to keep it quit but give it a different sound and performance.

Shane

Comment

i guess i should ask. has any one put a sport set up exhaust on their 850 pics would be nice maybe a little tid bit about how you made it fit.

Shane

Comment

A slipon literally slips on and clamps/bolts to the midpipe on the header. As mentioned, some of them have a midpipe already attached and some bolt onto a midpipe on the header.

The smaller the muffler, the louder the exhaust sound is. Vice versa is true, the bigger the muffler, the quieter it is. That G&G GP style exhaust on my Gixxer is LOUD especially at high RPM. As in bleeding ears without good earplugs.

Here's a trackday vid of my bike/exhaust pictured above, I'm the second rider in the video.

http://www.slcelectronics.com/MOV00488.MPG (4 MB)
            Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

This custom job on a local 1000S looks pretty cool, but it will obviously be real loud.8-[

Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Comment

yeah thats what i'm looking for not the loudness part but i wonder if the headers can be into on by the time it is bent under the bike so a muffler will just sit on the bottom?

Shane

Comment

In "Streetfighters" magazine several months back a guy did a CBR600F2/3 up and did something very interesting with the exhaust: he went 4-2-1 collecting into "1" pipe just as it went under the bike, and the head-pipes all went to one side, under the bike as the '1' pipe approached the back of the bike he put a "U" bend into the pipe and as soon as the pipe was pointing back towards the front of the bike he put an oval shaped cannister on it (with minimal baffling). Since the exhaust is an 'open' can he put this cool SuperTrapp-like end cap on it but spaced it about 2" from the end, this keeps rock chips from bouncing up into your front-facing under-bike exhaust cannister.

If I didn't explain this well, it's just a pipe that turns around underneath the bike and leaves the can under the oil-pan pointing towards the front of the bike.

The owner claimed that this particular pipe was the only performance change he made to the bike and that now the bike has unbelievable power (claims of hanging with his buddy's first gen gixxer thou...his claim, not mine). Anyway, it's in one of my magazines from (I'm guessing) around a year ago.

Food for thought,

-KR

Comment

Working...
                  X