No announcement yet.

Finally pics of my Junkyard Cafe Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha thanks everybody. the least that I can say for now is that if it weren't for me, the bike would probably be a rusty frame at best or a complete bike completely covered in rust and rotten rubber with mud wasps in the cylinders at worst...i definitely have a long way to go, but I do have lots of plans for it.

over the next two years i would like to:
    dual disc setup in the front
    new shocks for the rear
    rebuild the spokes
    new carb for the #1 cylinder (fuel pilot jet tip was jammed into orifice by PO)
    4-1
    pods w/jet kit
    true rear sets
    make a convertable system of seating so i can have a 1-up, 2-up, or touring setup with panniers
    one of those seats will be a 1-up seat made of bent plywood...ive talked about this before and was going to do it this past winter but I ended up building some furniture instead
    I was also going to mold 3 layers of veneer onto the top of the tank, as a tank guard, but see above.
    strip it down to essentials
    replace all the rusty or stripped bolts
    total strip down, de-rustify it, powdercoat
    modern front suspension and rear suspension?

im moving to new york city soon, and the bike is coming with me, so who the heck knows whats going to happen to it, i think i'll just start with a waterproof cover....I actually think the rust will be an advantage there.

Also I'll be re-doing the gas tank to take care of the rust soon, unless this gas tank from cafe kid works out, so I'll definitely post pictures of that. It's too bad because the first day of the season the bike really looked great...I had wire brushed all the rusty bits I could access, but they all came back....rust really does just look awful, especially in photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
      Character .. and nice shootin' too.

Keep them coming.
      Ditto to that. Makes me think we need a GSResources screen saver.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
        Annual calendar would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
          Made my own...:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
            Made my own...:-D
            Is that easy to do or should I beg you to upload it somewhere?
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Nice bike and let me now when you are comming to dayton I also like to meet other members.

Dogma on a windows computer you can put all the photos you want in one folder. Then right click on the desk top. Click on properties, then Screen Saver. Then from the drop down menu click on my picture slideshow. Then click on setting and there will be an option for what folder to use to get the pictures. click on browse and select the folder that you put all the wonderfull GS photos in and sit back and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by gerwintown View Post
                It is totally a work in progress, as I start making more money, I will replace the seat, etc.
                And here, ladies and gentlemen, is where it starts. Beware, many have gone down this path. Perhaps we should make a GSR Scared Straight video

Best of luck, and as long as you're riding it, it's a sweet ride.

Comment

Working...
                X