Seat needs restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat needs restoration

I have a 1983 Tempter that was poorly stored for 5 years in the outdoors, and the seat is all in one piece and clean, but after I've made most of the chrome nice and you could part your hair (if I had some) in the fenders, it looks sort of sad. I've read on here that the last thing I want to do is apply ArmourAll as it will make it slick. What can I apply to it to make it look better?

You might want to try some S100 Engine Brightner. It's less oily than Armor-all, and really brings back the color, especially black. Spray it on lightly, distribute it evenly with a cloth, let it sit for a while, then buff it all off. Unlike Armor-all, you don't want to leave any on the seat. Buff it dry, and your seat will look the best it's able to.

It's sometimes hard to find, but most Harley dealerships have it.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Thanks

There's a Harley dealer a mile from my house. I'll look around for that!

Comment

Originally posted by 650BrownDeer View Post
        There's a Harley dealer a mile from my house. I'll look around for that!
        It's about 8 bucks for a little can, but a little goes a long way. Works great at bringing back your faded back plastic stuff like fenders and guages and cables, etc. It's the best stuff I've ever used.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Black Renew is supposed to be very good too. I've never used it but I've read a lot of good things about it, including this brief review from WebBikeWorld: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...lack-renew.htm

Thanks,
          Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

This is supposed to be good stuff, too:

I used some McGuire's leather and vinyl cleaner/conditioner on my Suburban seats. It worked pretty good, too.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
            X