No announcement yet.

83 GS550E to GS550ES conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the raised and indented extrusions on the lower fairing (the one that looks like the indent on a Mustang and the other that surrounds the stator cover) would look good black? It would be enough to help break up the yellow....and some added black stripes throughout would look really nice.

I'm not good enough with computer graphics to actually put my thoughts down, but somebody out there with much better artistic ability than myself should be able to offer some advice.

Good luck, dude. By the way, you were absolutely right about one thing....that original paint job was hidious. Even if you were to leave it as-is, it's 1000 times better than it was.

Comment

Stripe it like a yellow jacket.
      V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        Stripe it like a yellow jacket.
        V
        LOL! That thought occurred to me today.

Comment

I have to say, this bike has really turned into a lot of fun. I haven't gotten to ride it very much, but I'm really enjoying the process of the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
            Perhaps the raised and indented extrusions on the lower fairing (the one that looks like the indent on a Mustang and the other that surrounds the stator cover) would look good black? It would be enough to help break up the yellow....and some added black stripes throughout would look really nice.
            I printed out a bunch of copies today and went to town with a sharpie. I agree that way of going looks the best. Otherwise, like it's been pointed out, it starts to resemble a bumble bee.

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
            I'm not good enough with computer graphics to actually put my thoughts down, but somebody out there with much better artistic ability than myself should be able to offer some advice.

Good luck, dude. By the way, you were absolutely right about one thing....that original paint job was hidious. Even if you were to leave it as-is, it's 1000 times better than it was.
            I had forgotten until tonight that the paint job was the MAJOR selling point from the guy I bought it from. He was very proud of it. I have to give him credit, though. The crazy stripes notwithstanding, the base silver on the tank was very well done. It was perfectly smooth and glossy with no orange peel. Lots better than I've done. However, everything else was pretty much a disaster. For $600 it was worth it, though.

Comment

I have to say, when i first saw the yellow, I honestly didnt like it. But the more i look at it, and the more that goes back on the bike, its starting to grow on me. I am in favour of as much BLACK as you can on it as well. Or perhaps, RED.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                I have to say, when i first saw the yellow, I honestly didnt like it. But the more i look at it, and the more that goes back on the bike, its starting to grow on me.
                welcome to the dark side. :-D

Comment

Just make it one big caution sign. )

Comment

Working...
                  X