front cowling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front cowling ?

So here it is, another what the heck did this come from/what is it question.

I am looking to get the correct hardware to mount this cowling to the bike but from the looking around on the forum i have done, it doesn't really look like any of the 82ish ones that i found pics of and the online parts catalogs don't show my bike with a cowling. This came off a 82 1100ez. any input/answers are greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    nick

Very much like mine from my 83 750E but my mirrors are not mounted to it.

I wonder if the mirrors are after market as I don't recall seeing them on a stock bike.

Don't know if you'll be able to mount it without some bodging.

Good luck with it.

cheers,
    Spyug.

Comment

GS 1000 S? Thats the as close and I can come up with that has the mirrors mounted to the cowling.

Good luck, looks cool.

Comment

I would suggest taking some measurements and see what you can build yourself. You'll get alot more satisfaction out of it by doing it yourself. Might be difficult (mine was) but you'll enjoy the work, and appreciate it more if you make it yourself. Just my 2cents worth. Good luck!

Originally posted by crazedfooter View Post
        So here it is, another what the heck did this come from/what is it question.

I am looking to get the correct hardware to mount this cowling to the bike but from the looking around on the forum i have done, it doesn't really look like any of the 82ish ones that i found pics of and the online parts catalogs don't show my bike with a cowling. This came off a 82 1100ez. any input/answers are greatly appreciated.

thanks,
        nick

Comment

I am pretty sure that is the tiny cowling off the e models of the 83-85 vintage. But I am positive you won't see anything in those mirrors except the handle bars. Those are even closer together than the stock mirrors that mount to the bars. That puppy will bolt to two brackets that hold the stock headlight. And if you don't still ahve the stock ears on the forks, you will not be able to mount that.

Comment

i still have the brackets that attach to the forks, the po had a couple small pieces of s(crap) metal he attached it with, i was just looking for something a bit more "stock". don't know if it exists, if it doesn't i'll just make it work. basically lookin for all the options.

nick

Comment

Working...
            X