No announcement yet.

Another Alternate Gauge Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is something similar with some extra tricks. Anyone have experience with these? I really like the idea of the HUD.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Got some harder numbers for pricing. In batches of 5+ units, the price will be $78USD plus shipping. If we got a bigger order, the price may drop a bit more, but that is very good IMO. The dashes and mounting brackets will not see that much discount, but Brent did say they will be under retail, just not as much.

Mark

Comment

Final notice, the group buy is a go. Units at the above price, all accessories at cost + 10%. Orders must be placed by July 3, to be shipped the following week. Paypal only for payment. If anybody is interested, PM me for the contact info.

Mark

Comment

Sorry been really busy at work with the bad weather that has come through.

now which model are we discussing here for the group buy?
          the Vapor, Vector, or the Endurance?

Vapor Digital Tachometer / Speedometer:

Vector Digital Speedometer:

Endurance Digital Speedometer:

Comment

Hmmm... I'm intrigued. Will think about this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Busafied View Post
              Sorry been really busy at work with the bad weather that has come through.

now which model are we discussing here for the group buy?
              the Vapor, Vector, or the Endurance?

Vapor Digital Tachometer / Speedometer:

We are talking the Vapor. I am also ordering the expandable dash and the nice little aluminum mounting bracket.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                Hmmm... I'm intrigued. Will think about this one!
                You'll have to think fast, Plane! July 3rd is coming fast...

Mark

Comment

guess i missed group buy. Which specific vapor model are you guys getting.? Should work for a gs750 as well?

Comment

ye let me know to i am lookin into the gauges to and would be interested in it i have an 82 gs850L

Comment

Originally posted by fitz21 View Post
                      guess i missed group buy. Which specific vapor model are you guys getting.? Should work for a gs750 as well?
                      PM sent, fitz21.

Yes, it will work on your GS as well as on mine. They have a generic wiring loom that you just attach to your bike's harness where needed.

Mark

Comment

I got the Vapor today and put it up against the OEM gauges. Man, is it ever tiny. It will clean up the front end a bunch when I get it on there. I am busy prepping for my first ever track school tomorrow, so pics will have to wait until tomorrow night or thursday. Stay tuned.

Mark

Comment

Looking forward to pics when you get it installed Mark.

I sent another couple of members the link to this post, hopefully I will be able to order one soon.

I am doing my best to finish the repairs to my turbo bike by next wknd, then get back to work on the 83 end of next month.

Comment

I don't get it. Is this the same company known as "Veypor" in Canada? If not, how the hell did they get away with naming their product so close to the competitor's product? Sounds like somebody did a lousy job of prtecting their trademark if that's the case. Veypor is (was?) a Canadian company that builds exactly the same type of instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
                              I don't get it. Is this the same company known as "Veypor" in Canada? If not, how the hell did they get away with naming their product so close to the competitor's product? Sounds like somebody did a lousy job of prtecting their trademark if that's the case. Veypor is (was?) a Canadian company that builds exactly the same type of instruments.
                              Perhaps it IS the same product and the company was bought out?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
                                I don't get it. Is this the same company known as "Veypor" in Canada?
                                Nope, different companies and different products.

Veypor: http://www.veypor.com/

Trail Tech Vapor: http://www.trailtech.net/

Different capabilities and different price points. I would say different target markets, too.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X