What font is used by Suzuki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What font is used by Suzuki?

Does anyone know where I can get the font used by Suzuki? I was thinking of reproducing the old decals on my PC and then getting them printed out.

There was a thread on this last winter. Do a search, I think someone ended up finding the name, etc. Be warned, though, if you want good looking vinyl, have whoever is doing it to "kern" the font to get rid of uneven and unattractive spacing variations. The biggest problem see is putting a hair more space between the "K" and the "I", and making sure the "Z" doesn't touch the 2 "U" s .

Comment

Thanks Paulyboy, I found that one, but actually I want to do the sidecovers and was wondering as to what font was used there.

Comment

If you can't find the font, try taking a high resolution digital picture of the sidecover and then photoshop it to make the image for the vinyl.

Comment

i have copied the badges and reproduced them to vinyl by photographing them, convert them to black and white, then scanning the pic and inversing the pic so the black and white are back to front then buy some vinyl sheet and put it in your printer with the backing on the print side. then just print it out and spend a while with a scalpel and ruler and cut them out. easier than it sounds but looks good
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            i have copied the badges and reproduced them to vinyl by photographing them, convert them to black and white, then scanning the pic and inversing the pic so the black and white are back to front then buy some vinyl sheet and put it in your printer with the backing on the print side. then just print it out and spend a while with a scalpel and ruler and cut them out. easier than it sounds but looks good
            As usual, pics are required.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

last time i posted pics nobody looked at them since. anyway i only did the vinyl decals to use as a template to etch the chainguard as vinyl will withstand the etching.see enclosed photo
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                last time i posted pics nobody looked at them since. anyway i only did the vinyl decals to use as a template to etch the chainguard as vinyl will withstand the etching.see enclosed photo
                Thats a great pic of the swingarm. You chemically etched using a reverse of the letters/numbers? That would work with sandblasting too, as that's how signmakers usually do redwood signs.

Comment

Thanks, there are some good suggestions coming out here. One could print vinyl for the lower steering stem cover, maybe the timing and stator covers as well.
                  Unfortunately I do not have sidecover logos to photograph, but I am sure someone has done something like this before.

I have looked at using a program called FontCreator, but I am not good at changing graphics - no experience!

The tank fonts again are different to the sidecover fonts.

Hopefully someone will come up with something here.

Comment

Working...
                  X