Site for fiberglass basics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site for fiberglass basics?

Last night my gas tank got tipped over in the garage and sat there all night. (glares at house mate) Not MUCH gas leaked but enough to ruin the paint job I did a couple of years ago.

So now I know I'm going to have to repaint the tank at least and I also have a Pichler fairing I want to put on that I've had for a couple of years. Using this fairing means learning to make a mold and layup fiberglass to adapt the headlight opening.

Thanks for any leads,
    /\/\ac

I've built a couple small wooden boats

in my day, and the websites concerning the use of plywood as a substrate for fiberglas and epoxy resin usually deviated into the subject of mold making and glas usage. A few of them had great tutorials.

Comment

Nice how to on the "Do The Ton" cafe racer site. It's how to make a bumstop seat section. May be a bit more than you're looking for but definitely some good information there:

Hope this helps!

Jim

Comment

Check out fibreglast.com, they have a forum. Also, check out West Marine, they have some online periodicals that delve n to this.

Comment

Thanks for the great links and suggestions! This is pretty much exactly what I need. I'm planning to get a few broken plastics from a local shop and try out some things on those, then once I get a technique perfected I want to make a new headlight section for my pichler fairing.... once I get THAT done I want to try making some reproduction and maybe redesigned GS750EF lowers.

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
          X