Reflective wheel tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflective wheel tape?

I'd like to improve the visibility of my bike and this seems like a good way to do it. Any experiences or opinions?

-Skye

Good idea, I pinstriped my old GS 550 and my helmet with retro-reflective tape, got a lot of comments from people on how visible it was.
    Just doing the wheels alone might make people think it's a bicycle.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Good idea, I pinstriped my old GS 550 and my helmet with retro-reflective tape, got a lot of comments from people on how visible it was.
      Just doing the wheels alone might make people think it's a bicycle.
      Got a pic of that? I'm curious to see how it came out. Sounds like a good idea.

Comment

also give www.streetglo.net a shot if interested. they have a really good selection of all stickers and tapes reflective and really reasonable shipping.

Comment

I use this from Whitehorse. Works great.

Black in the daylight and white with headlights. I have my Connie covered with it and it is great.
          Last edited by crag antler; 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
            Got a pic of that? I'm curious to see how it came out. Sounds like a good idea.
            No, I had that bike before cameras were invented.

Comment

I have reflective flames on my ninja. I call them ...."saftey flames"!! I'm having more custom made to complete the look as we speak. I can tell you went light hit them you know it!! They are very bright!

Comment

Originally posted by buttonhook View Post
                I have reflective flames on my ninja. I call them ...."saftey flames"!! I'm having more custom made to complete the look as we speak. I can tell you went light hit them you know it!! They are very bright!
                Now these we need pictures of!

Comment

that does sound interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    Now these we need pictures of!
                    Here is a sample of them in the daylight.

here they are at night with a flash.

And they are really much brighter than that in real life as my camera doesn't do a good job at night.

and here they are with only a single LED flash light no flash.

After I get done there will be a full flame job on the fairings from top to bottom,where you see the ninja logo and all reflective at night and ghost blue during the day. AKA "Saftey Flames" The cool thing is the Ninja has a pearl paint on it and the flames and the paint change from dark to light and light to dark so they're there but they're not you know??

make sure before you buy any what material they are made from I used the avery A7 reflective vinyl. The 3M stuff is good to. But some of the other stuff doesn't reflect very well or will not last very long. The vinyl I used has a full 7 year rating.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

wow that is really cool

wish i had thought of it

Comment

I've got reflective tape on my helmet as well. It's a great idea.

Comment

I had the SUZUKI emblem for the side of my tank done in the same reflective material as the writing on police cars. I haven't put them on yet but I will when the tank gets repainted this winter. The previous owner had removed the emblem so I just went to a sign company and told them the size I wanted and they made it up for me, only cost me $20.

Comment

Also if you check on ebay sometime they have them for sale on there. I was going to replace my emblem as well but is under the clear coat(on a new bike) so it's a no go until it needs repainting or something happens to it.

BTW I just got my bill for the rest of the completely custom flames to cover the sides of the bike....$122 not too much to pay to be seen at night (and cool looking).
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

They're HERE!!!!

I just got the rest of my custom "saftey flames" for the ninja from vinyl disorder in the mail today!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I included the side panel from the GS300LZ for a scale reference. they cost a total of $122 shipped (I paid more for the better material as well) and like I said they did them in custom sizes for me. I'll post more once I get them put on. But you can see them already reflecting in the house with just the flash of the camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X