Light up Valve Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light up Valve Caps

Anyone tried these? I saw them at Wally-World the other day when I was looking for something that would work as a seat bag. (I ended up with a portable DVD player bag that has front and rear straps... goes around the grab bars nicely).

As I understand it, it would create a circle of light when your wheels are spinning. Normally, I'd run as quickly as possible from anything as Car-Club-esque as this, but it really seems like this would improve your low-light visibility.

Thoughts?

it would help with nightime visibility, but you will be getting chased by the kids around your block when they see that you have the same valve stem caps as they do..

lol

Comment

i hate them, and around my parts they are banned as you get pulled over by the local police for having them on while driving. if you wanna be more visable look at the tread where they have wheel tape thats reflective, also a guy ont he same thread put reflective flames on his ninja i think it was

Comment

Originally posted by NetBSD View Post
        i hate them, and around my parts they are banned as you get pulled over by the local police for having them on while driving. if you wanna be more visable look at the tread where they have wheel tape thats reflective, also a guy ont he same thread put reflective flames on his ninja i think it was

That thread is the one that made me think about the valve caps. Reflective tape has the disadvantage of being basically useless unless you have light directed right at you (ie, in their headlights) something that actually generates light doesn't have that problem.

A friend of mine had the idea to put arrows pointing forwards on each side of his helmet. THat way, when he turns his head to see if it's clear to turn or change lanes, the driver behind him (at night) would see an arrow pointing in the direction he's planning on turning.

Comment

Illegal in my state (and maybe most others) to have the rear turn signals work as running lights unless you make them red. What a moronic law. That would be a nice upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X