Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other front ends?

What's up Gang?

Is there anyone out there using other front ends on your gs 1100e such as, "Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki" other than the standard GSXR?

Thanks, Supavert

So far ive used fireblade & R1 front ends as well as the usual gsxr ones :-)
    If you are asking about fitting of a particular front end the answer will always be the same (from me at least) yes it will fit with the usual problems & messing around its just a matter of how much work you are willing or able to do

Comment

It would probably be easiest to stick with Suzuki stuff because a lot of the parts have remained the same over time. For instance a 2000 Bandit 1200 uses the same steering stem bearings (30X55X17 and 25X47X15) as the GS. A lot of the electrical connections have remained pretty similar over several years as well. There are several parts that swap over amongst the GSXR-RF900-Hayabusa lines too. I'm running Hayabusa front calipers on my '95 GSXR front end; Hayabusa rear caliper bolted to a GSXR caliper hanger, clamping onto an RF900 rotor; all boltons with no mods.

Comment

I agree with RJ, stay with all Suzuki parts if you can. I went with a 1993 GSXR 750 front end, 2001 1200 Bandit swingarm and 1993 GSXR 750 rims for my GS1100ESD/GSXR conversion and It worked out great!

Comment

Plus, why would you want to use "other " manufacturers sub standard parts on a perfectly good Suzuki? LOL!!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X