Gs Almost Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs Almost Done!

Getting close to finishing bike. All thats left is a battery, front fender, front brakes, and gas. Its still in primer, will ride like that until winter.

looks great! keep up the good work. what will you be doing for paint come winter time?

Comment

I see your here too.I asked on cu if you could show me how you made your forwards.By the way your bike ROCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by NATEO View Post
        looks great! keep up the good work. what will you be doing for paint come winter time?
        Thanks. Not sure right now, i like the black, but maybe with some silver or aluminum color on the tank as well. About the same color and sheen as the exhaust? It's a long way till winter, could change alot before then.

Comment

Originally posted by kbruce6057 View Post
          Getting close to finishing bike. All thats left is a battery, front fender, front brakes, and gas. Its still in primer, will ride like that until winter.
          I endeavored for a long time making forwards for my gs,there are many posts here about it.I see the linkage, that part is a given.But i would like to see a closeup of how you came off the rear brake spline.Could you show us?
          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Wow! I've been trying to figure out for some time what I want to do with my '80 850G. That's the look I'd like to go for. That's sweet!! Not sure I'm real hip on the added diamond plate (especially on the wheels), but hey...the style is awesome! I'm liking that seat.

More pics, please! Do you have any closer? Is there a build thread on this baby somewhere?
            Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2008, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! Sorry you don't like the diamond plate, cause I think it makes the stock butt ugly wheels look better than they did. Gives them that mag look. And for the money u can't beat it (free)! I am using polished diamond plate througout the bike, wheels, side covers, neck covers, triple tree covers and accents, and fender struts. There not on there yet. My goal was to build a bike that looked good (at least to me), without spending a fortune. ( I guess that's just about everybodys goal. LOL!). Right now I have a little over $1800.00 in the bike, including the cost of the bike. I guess I was pretty fortunate to find a lot of good deals on ebay!

The bike has been raked 7 degrees @ the neck, lowered 2" all around, the seat rails lowered 1-1/2", and a lot of fab work on the rear fender and strut to get the seat to fit it as well as the tank. After lowering the bike 2" the 4 into 1 was too close to the ground for my liking, so I cut all the head pipe tubes and removed 1-1/2" from them and welded back together.

I do have a build portfolio from the start, and will try to get it on here for you and whoever else would like to see. Good luck on your 850 and if you ever need any help or suggestions just let me know.

Steve

Comment

Cool, dude. Thanks. That's some good info. I'm looking forward to the buildup.

Comment

Thanks. Not sure right now, i like the black, but maybe with some silver or aluminum color on the tank as well. About the same color and sheen as the exhaust? It's a long way till winter, could change alot before then.

Flat black looks great. I like the look. although I agree about the diamond plating. I like it on the sides, but I would not have put it on the wheels.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                  X