Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

katana colour match help

Hello everyone
    my 550 katana needs the rims and calipers repainted. does anyone know of a close colour match? I tried a paint shop colour match but the paint is faded and damaged and I was not happy with the result.

my first bike was and is a mess, the second was easy cosmetically to restore, and this one I want to be perfect, so led a hand?

PPG have a good selection of colours very close to original, just ensure to look at the products on the motorcycle list and not the auto list.
    Badgezz, we don need noh stinkin' badgezz!
    Shin-Ken 1074
    1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
    1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

www.color-rite.com

Comment

no cigar on the Color-rite site. not a lot for suzuki, and they don't seem to list anything bfor 1986

any other suggestions>?

Comment

No "PPG Automotive Coatings" agents in your area? They have Suzuki OEM colours, got my 13L there for an 82 Suzi.
          Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 07-04-2008, 07:20 PM.
          Badgezz, we don need noh stinkin' badgezz!
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

not that I have been able to find. I'm going to my girlfriends place this weekend. I'll look around there.

thanks everyone!

any other suggestions?

Comment

Still no luck. I took the caliper to another paint store, but their 'match' was rather questionable.

can anyone else help?

Comment

Working...
              X