'82 GS750E chop... Almost Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS750E chop... Almost Done!

Just took some photos today. What's left to do: paint front wheel, coil-type seat springs (the current ones aren't NEARLY soft enough), and some carb work. Front turn signals are installed but not in these pics.

And now for a question... Any good ideas on how to hide that horrible mess of wires behind the headlight? I was thinking of just wrapping them in some plastic followed by some black tape, but it looks like that might be a little too obvious.

Looking good, but where did you get the air pods?
    I have been having a hell of a time finding short ones so i don't have to mod my side covers.Any idea where to find them or maybe foam ones so i can squeeze them in.
    But the bike looks amazing!!

Comment

pods

Thanks! Looks like you might need shorter pods than mine, but they're cheapie EMGO filters, ordered from either J&P Cycles or Bike Bandit. Like $6 each. If you needed them shorter, you could probably cut some off the bases with tinsnips and J-B Weld them back on. Just remember to use K&N Filter Oil on them to make sure the nasty stuff stays out.

Comment

Looks great. I also have a 82 GS750E, yes it's flat black but no mods like that. Maybe a leather tool bag under the headlight could hold all the wires and no one would be the wiser to what it's storing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba67 View Post
          Looks great. I also have a 82 GS750E, yes it's flat black but no mods like that. Maybe a leather tool bag under the headlight could hold all the wires and no one would be the wiser to what it's storing.
          Great idea... any idea where one can be had for cheap?

Comment

Bet you could find one at the local bike junkyard. Yer bike is very interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X