Pic of my 82 GS650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of my 82 GS650

today i just receive the seat that I bought on flea bay, I took out the stock seat and put in this one.

Let me know what you think.

Originally posted by IluvmyGS View Post
    today i just receive the seat that I bought on flea bay, I took out the stock seat and put in this one.

I like it. How does it attach since you're in front of the lock bracket on the fender?

Comment

I turn around the lock bracket and use that as an anchor to bolt the seat.

Comment

I'm diggin' it. How or will you cover the frame that shows behind the seat?

Comment

I am going to take the tail off, move the tail light, licence place up there. Also buying after market signal light and move them forward

Comment

Nice seat, will look awesome after the rear mod.
            I think wire wheels would also look good with this kind of mod.
            What color scheme are you going for?
            McLoud
            '79 GS850
            `98 GSF1200 Bandit
            sigpic
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

I have not thinking about color yet. Do you have any recommendation about color?

Comment

Originally posted by IluvmyGS View Post

Cool! It really fits the style of the bike. Can it move forward somehow to close the 1" +/- gap between the front of the seat and the rear of the tank?

Comment

Nice.. I bet that is comfortable...

Comment

I second the wire wheels...and white walls!!! Such versatile bikes.

Comment

Can you give more details about the seast? That's the kind I want to get for my 850. I'm eventually planning on modding the rear of my bike by converting the rear fender from a frame mounted fender to one that attaches to the swingarm and "floats" with the wheel, about an inch off the tire. The seat would look great, andI would modify the frame by cutting it off after the shock mounts and finishing the cuts by locating the turn signal stalks there to hide them.

Comment

Small Hijack

Paulyboy,

That's exactly what I would like to do with mine!! Have you found a fender that would work and do you have a mounting method worked out?

Comment

Working...
                        X