Custom Dual HeadLights on 82 1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Dual HeadLights on 82 1100E?

I will be converting my 82 1100E over to GSXR front end and rear wheel sometime this year and while browsing on ebay I came across these....the more I look at them the more I like them....and the ease of installation (or reversal ) aint bad either......Im thinking it may just "complete" the new look..take a look at the 5 3/4's on the yellow bike in the ad.......

Anyone have pics of any 1100's that have already done this?

What do you guys think?

Chris

http://tinyurl.com/67zf5n

i think if you look around, you can find a set for half that price or less.

Comment

I've spent over an hour today doing just that.......they are available BUT...almost always much smaller.....and almost always with no mounting hardware....and usually around $160ish....and I actually like the way his mounts....pretty well thought out if you ask me......but the question really is....do you like the look?

Comment

I think they would look good in a fairing (like a GSXR) but 'out in the breeze' they look stupid.

Just my 2c.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboChris View Post
          I've spent over an hour today doing just that.......they are available BUT...almost always much smaller.....and almost always with no mounting hardware....and usually around $160ish....and I actually like the way his mounts....pretty well thought out if you ask me......but the question really is....do you like the look?
          wow really? i wish i'd kept that link then.. i found a site that had matte, and chrome 2,, and 5 inch dual h4 headlamps. for 125 each.

Comment

flyncycle.com never mind 3.5inch
            Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I love the look, especially the bigger ones. I was looking at them also for my 82 GS750E and those were the only ones I could find in that size. Anywhere else they are only 4" and not much cheaper. If I come across anything, I'll post it. Good luck.

Comment

Way too much money, and you would have a hell of a mess of wiring to hide once you got rid of the big single.

That said, I'd love to see how it looks on a GS.

Comment

The real question is do YOU like the look? I won't be riding your bike and I doubt many others here will. It's YOUR bike. Make it what YOU want and enjoy it. Ignore the people that tell you, "You should have done this or that with it."

That said, I like the dual headlight look and was considering it for my '77 750 cafe until I realized it would just look ridiculously out of place on a cafe in my opinion. Guess I'll just have to get another bike and mod that one.

Comment

They remind me of the dual headlights used on, I think, a Honda 450 bike used in a Baja 1000. They do look cool, but as I mentioned yesterday in another thread and groundshock mentioned in this one, there's going to be a lot of wiring to hide once the original bucket is gone. I know mine has a lot of wiring in it. If you can pull it off, it might just work and look really cool.

You'd certainly have some "uniqueness" to your bike....and I'm all about that.

Comment

What do you guys think?

Chris

I think you should PM me when youre ready to throw away the old 8 incher.
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

You guys....

I like the look, makes it look a lot like the Triumph Speed Triple (that Cruise made famous in MI1).

Of course, a much cheaper way to go would be this (scroll down to the ones on closeout):

So what if you have to replace the bulbs with your own H4's, and who cares if it's the wrong color, at these prices they can be painted to match your bike...
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah , I've seen guys do it to Ducati Monsters and it's looks awesome on those......Not so much digging on the quarter fairing tho........but it IS a killer deal.....
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2008, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X