LED lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED lights

Does anyone have any good links where I can buy some led lights.
    I own a 1981 GS 1100e,I use the bike to go back and forth to work Night time driving and would like to make myself more visiable,my thoughts were blue or clear,Thanks!

Originally posted by GS1100e_RIDER View Post
    Does anyone have any good links where I can buy some led lights.
    I own a 1981 GS 1100e,I use the bike to go back and forth to work Night time driving and would like to make myself more visiable,my thoughts were blue or clear,Thanks!
    You cover a lot of territory with a statement like that.

LED Rope lighting
    Super Brite Nichia White LED
    Flashing Red LED's like bicycle lighting
    Pulsing LED's as when you apply your brakes

Then there are the mounting issues... for instance you could get Panel Mount LEDs with 6-inch pigtail leads, that way you could drill the correct size hole 0.025" - 0.500" (depending on the Panel Mount LED that you purchase).

I am just getting started here.

Check out Digi-Key for low cost solutions.

and do a search on Optoelectronics

In my humble opinion, a LOUD exhaust will get more notice than lights. People react to noise a bit more than lighting.

You can also search for the Do It Yourself (DIY) sites on the www for bibycling lighting with

Comment

Super Bright LEDs is one of the largest online retailers of LED lighting for commercial and residential uses. Enjoy free/same-day shipping on qualifying orders!

I've bought from this place several times.

Comment

You can get led lights at most truck supply places, and I would check but it is Illegal in Canada to have blue lights on your vehicle unless it is a snowplow or a police car. I would check in the states what the law is there.

Comment

Thanks for the help will check it all

Comment

Great place to go online for truck supply LED lighting and other LED solutions:

Semi Truck Chrome Shop offering Parts for Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, International, Western Star, Mack and Volvo. Specializing in Collision Parts, Chrome Trim and Stainless Steel. Offering Truck Bumpers, Truck Hoods and LED Lights.

Thats where I get my stuff, cheapest around and great service. Ask for Mickey, he takes care of me, set me up with all my LED stuff, my headlight, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Rules in the US:
              Amber lights can go anywhere, red lights in the rear only, blue lights illegal

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Guilbeau View Post
                In my humble opinion, a LOUD exhaust will get more notice than lights. People react to noise a bit more than lighting.
                Yes, it will get you noticed, and yes, they will react. Too bad it's not more positive.

For those that belong in the "loud pipes save lives" camp, I have a couple of scenarios to shoot that down.

1. A friend of mine rides a Harley with rather loud pipes. He is also a paramedic with the City Fire Department. I asked him if anybody ever pulled out in front of the ambulance. His response?
                "Oh, yeah, all the time."
                "You mean that even with all your flashing lights and your siren and air horns, they still don't see you and pull out anyway?"
                "Oh, yeah."
                "And you expect your loud pipes that are pointing backward to help you out?"
                "Oh."

2. I was driving in downtown Dayton and heard the rumble of straight pipes, so I was looking around for the bike. (See, it does work, sort of.) I kept hearing a bike but could not find it, so I started to ignore it. I finally found the bike. It was one block over, travelling the same direction I was, and the sound was bouncing around, echoing off all the tall buildings. I must admit that while looking all around to find the source of the noise, I could have easily missed something that I should have seen directly in my path.

Since I ride a Gold Wing, it is probably obvious that I belong in the "quieter is better" camp. However, I do believe in the responsible and curteous use of headlight and brake light modulators along with all the other lights.

Go for the lights. Put on as many as you want, but also install a switch so they can be turned off if an officer is of the opinion that they should not be on.

If you put LEDs behind colored lenses, only use the same color LED. LEDs put out a rather narrow spectrum of light, so another color lens will just about block all the output of the LED.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

groundshock one time said something about GSR members even getting a discount...

Comment

Working...
                  X