Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'80 1100E dressed in spokes

Well,
    I always liked the look of spokes so now I gotem on the 1100.
    Lighter than the mags too. 18" front and rear, alum rims.
    530 chain sprocket conv. while I had it apart.
    As you can see there has been a couple other changes to the bike along the way too.
    Sucks I can't ride it yet cause I'm waiting on a heli coil kit to fix a stripped front caliper bracket. Nobody local had the size needed in stock of course, as they never seem to.

Very nicely done old mate.I to like spokes,laced to a big set of Grimeca's,would be nice.Need to win the lottery first though.Cheers,Simon.
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

What kind of rear sprocket is that?

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, I'm looking to get a wider rear set-up soon I hope. Winning the lottery would definitely help with the wheels and many more tatsy treats to sprinkle on the ol' GS.

The rear sprocket is a supersprox stealth. Aluminum center/Tool steel ring/teeth.

Comment

Nice !! I need to do that same thing with my seat. Did you do that yourself from the original ?

Comment

Looks great! I did the same thing (wheels) to my 750.

Comment

Yes,
              The seat pan is original but cut down in length and width.
              The foam is cut down from an aftermarket king/queen seat with more foam and cover material from fabric store.
              Eventually I will re-do it a little cleaner, and am thinking of using gel inserts, but for now its comfy enough for meand the gf to do 400mi. two up rides no prob.
              It mounts with a single 6mm bolt with 8mm flange head and fender washer up through the bottom rear section.
              I welded a nut to the seat pan to recieve the bolt that comes up through rear inner fender well. And then I welded an old 8mm socket to a washer to make a "key" that Is on my key ring in case I need to get to anything below while out on the road.

Comment

Man I dig that!! Very nice! Is that rear sprocket available in a 530? And if so where does one find it? Would look very keen on my cafe.

Comment

The sprocket is a 530
                  $90.00 for the rear
                  $25.00 for the front
                  www.supersproxusa.com

Comment

Hrmm, which model did you get? I am not seeing it listed for any GS model, and certainly not for one with spoked wheels?

Comment

Outstanding!!
                      I love spoke wheels...I'd love to put them on my '82...

I actually have them on my '82 drag bike...
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bandit 1200 up to '05 I believe.
                        Change that!!
                        I just checked GSXR1100 90-92 530 CONVERSION
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2008, 09:37 PM. Reason: MISTAKE

Comment

Thanx again for the compliments,
                          glad to see others have similar taste.
                          Just about everyone I know in the real world just don't understand why I even ride a GS. Especially that Its my favorite to ride instead of my SPEED FOUR.

Comment

Wheels look great.

Comment

Originally posted by paco13 View Post
                              Bandit 1200 up to '05 I believe.
                              Change that!!
                              I just checked GSXR1100 90-92 530 CONVERSION
                              Nice, so the sprocket bolt spacing is the same. Wonder if they have GSXR1100 Rotors anywhere that are the same bolt pattern...I will have to look into that.

Comment

Working...
                              X