'80 1100E dressed in spokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1981

Suzuki released 26 GSX1100 Black pipe specials, for the castrol 6hr race here in NZ , They had round slide carbs, black chrome mufflers and wire wheels. 6 went to race teams and 20 were made available to the public, they had to release 20 to the public to allow them to run in the 6hr, which was limited to production bikes, These would be THE most desirable GSX1100 ever made and on the very rare occasion ( I have only ever sen 1 sold) they are fought over and fetch amazing money.

Comment

Beautiful work paco13. I think it looks great.

Comment

May i ask what the wheels came off of and what you needed to install them?

I see a Battlax tire on, that must mean you're running wider-than-stock tires and a radial to boot?

Also, did the front and rear sprockets for the GSXR1100 just bolt right on? Whats the tooth count on them?

Very nice setup that I wouldnt mind having myself, any help you an offer would be outstanding!

Comment

The spokes look very nice... You can get a Battleaxe tyre in a ply too.... Be very surprised unless that is a modern wheelset if it's a radial
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I'm not usually excited by spokes, but those look really good on there. Interesting front turn signal position too.

I have a pair of caliper brackets on my '83 850 L parts bike. If you can use them, let me know. Helicoils on brakes make me nervous.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Hey guy's,
              How is everyone doin'?

Ok, The sprockets are 16 front 46 rear, Bolted right on needed the 6mm spacer up front installed between sprocket and engine to align sprockets.
              Have had no clearance issues anywhere. I ordered a 120 link chain and trimmed to size.

Thank you for the offer on the caliper bracket.
              The 1100 has a different diameter slide bolt than the others.
              Heli coil is in and should be fine, used a little blue loctite too.

The wheels came off a 77/78 gs 750 I had picked up for parts, It had been abandoned at a storage place so don't know the PO, but it was stripped down and appeared to be set up for some sort of racing.
              Both hubs are stock but the rims are after market alum. 18" F/R, actually the rear looks like it might be stock, it has a small gold, black and red DID sticker, but don't know of any that came aluminum other than the bike mentioned in an earlier post.
              2.50" wide rear, 2.15" wide front.

Tires are bt45 bias ply, 120/80 rear/100/80 front. Eventually will go wider rear if I find a 3.50ish wide rim.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM. Reason: remembered something

Comment

P! I! M! P!

fantastic looking bike!

~Adam

Comment

Gosh, it's a beautiful thing.

S.

Comment

Bike looks great man.. so where did you get the spoked rims? Im looking on ebay for some right now.

Comment

Great job with the spokes. Makes a bike look light and clean and ready to go, cheers.
                      Badgezz, we don need noh stinkin' badgezz!
                      Shin-Ken 1074
                      1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                      1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Working...
                      X