Custom Fiberglass Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Fiberglass Seat

Hey, quick question ... I bought a generic fiberglass cafe-style seat for my 82' 450. should I be hesitant at all to bolt the seat directly to my frame? I've never worked with fiberglass before, and wanted to be sure that it will hold up if its mounted directly to the frame (instead of fabricating a base for it).

The seat itself is only a shell.

Hope that makes sense...

dubs

Originally posted by bdub416 View Post
    Hey, quick question ... I bought a generic fiberglass cafe-style seat for my 82' 450. should I be hesitant at all to bolt the seat directly to my frame? I've never worked with fiberglass before, and wanted to be sure that it will hold up if its mounted directly to the frame (instead of fabricating a base for it).

The seat itself is only a shell.

Hope that makes sense...

dubs
    I'd think you'd at least want to use very large washers (with rubber washers in between) to help spread the load out.

Comment

I just did a cafe seat on my bike--Welded a custom bracket to the frame -You do need to even out the load because it will flex--Click on the pic below and I also have more pics in my Photo album--Hope this helps!!

Comment

i drilled out the rubber bumpers from my stock seat pan and ran bolts with rubber washers through the fiberglass pan, then through the rubber bumpers then trough the frame, and it worked out well. the rubber bumpers and washers on top take a lot of shock away from the fiberglass seat.

Comment

Working...
        X