Comment

Drag bike project (street & strip)

Comment

My other street & strip

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          What a POS!

Positively Outstanding Specimen !!
          I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BIKE, VERY SLIGHT COMPLAINT. I DO NOT LIKE A MODERN MUFFLER ON A OLD SCHOOL BIKE. IT IS MY PROBLEM NOT YOURS. MY POST AND PIC DO NOT LINE UP, WRONG BIKE OOOOPS
          Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steve lebow View Post

What a great bike and such a poor camera!!

I have a cheap camera too...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburn View Post
              What a great bike and such a poor camera!!

I have a cheap camera too...
              What exhaust are you running? do you have a pic of the other side...those look like new Gixer forks also..

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                What exhaust are you running? do you have a pic of the other side...those look like new Gixer forks also..
                Go back a page or two, there is one showing the RHS of the bike, it is a sidewinder drag pipe, V&H I believe.

Not really new GSXR forks, because they don't have the radial mount calipers.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
                  Go back a page or two, there is one showing the RHS of the bike, it is a sidewinder drag pipe, V&H I believe.

Not really new GSXR forks, because they don't have the radial mount calipers.

Mark
                  Got it ..the forks looked gold on my PC...got a like the clearance!!

Comment

Originally posted by steve lebow View Post
                    what motor are you gonna fit in it? looks good.
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

well all these EZ's creeping out .....that black one is a dead ringer for my current project ...

Comment

To answer and ask a few ????

The pics were taken from my I phone, I really should get better pics.
                        When the project is done I will take better ones.

The burgundy drag bike will get the 1260 motor I have lying around.
                        It will be a track bike till I make a street wire harness and put a d.o.t. rear tire on it. Both bikes are going to be re-painted, bead blasted and polished.

Who makes quality exhaust systems for these bikes any more??
                        The V&H street pipes are not very good.
                        I miss the old stainless supertrap pipes.
                        1260---->>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Ed View Post
                          Here is a couple more clear pics of my 78 GS 1000....

is it just me, our would this bike look good with one of the newer style pointed tail sections?
                          i have a bike similar to this, a stock GS 1000 and am thinking about changing it.

Comment

[quote=isleoman;925067]
                            Originally posted by not a biker View Post
                            I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BIKE, VERY SLIGHT COMPLAINT. I DO NOT LIKE A MODERN MUFFLER ON A OLD SCHOOL BIKE. IT IS MY PROBLEM NOT YOURS.

nab
                            Thank's for the compliment on the bike! Here's two more to try and win you over on the pipe. Bought both the bike and the pipe in 1984 if that helps.

The GS11 has great lines from this rear angle looking forward.

Look kinda familiar??

Comment

From rags to G$$$$$$$$$

This was my 17th year birthday present from my dad it came in two trucks
                              300hrs later and some labor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first but not last

Comment

Nice ride

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
                                This was my 17th year birthday present from my dad it came in two trucks
                                300hrs later and some labor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first but not last
                                Sweet machine, there is definitly some pride in riding your own build!!

jw

Comment

Working...
                                X