Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verde View Post
    Thanks, I may have gotten a little carried away when I decided not to follow a traditional neck-to-axle line with the hard tail Didn't want to put all that effort into the bike only to tweak the frame on the first gnarly pothole.

+1 on the rear frame and seat pivot.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      Thanks, I may have gotten a little carried away when I decided not to follow a traditional neck-to-axle line with the hard tail Didn't want to put all that effort into the bike only to tweak the frame on the first gnarly pothole.
      Good job; now all you will tweak is your back . And no not giving you grief; I've owned 5 hardtails in my life. At least with that seat it'll take a little off.

Comment

Almost Finished

I needed to sweep up the shop yesterday, so I rolled the 750 into the yard. It's almost finished. I need to figure out some adapter plates for the GSXR rearsets, chain and sprockets, exhaust hanger, and a few other tidbits.

Comment

Nicely done. I'm not a big fan of the street fighter type fairings with dual headlights but yours seems to fit nicely enough. I really like your stripe job.
          I think a custom seat would be an interesting touch.

Comment

+1, nicely done! It would probably look even sharper without the wrapped header, and a modern can would compliment the other mods too (just my $0.02).
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Thank you! I have a couple other cans floating around, so the exhaust will probably change. The header I think is a MAC and was on it when I got the bike 6 years ago, but it gets the job done until I find a better one. I tried a sidewinder, but it wont clear the frame. I'll build a custom seat for it eventually, but the one on it now is an original piece with no tears and no rust on the pan. I just can't bring myself to destroy it

Comment

Digging the paint, 81. Does a good job of making the clunky stock gauges work with the rest of the bike.

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                Good job; now all you will tweak is your back .
                5 years in the infantry already did a number on that.

Seat takes tons off actually. Ride is WAY better than the scissor spring seat on a rigid shovel I had. Foam is also ~2 inches think and the bump stop piece not pictured is ~1/2 inch. My feet are also right under me so I can stand up for slow rolling rough stuff, or if I get launched I don't come down hard. I honestly think my triumph america(w/ swing arm still) hits me harder just because of the forward controls on it. The catch 22 being my knees are a little tight on this ride so I feel it in my bad one after a while. Will make some hwy pegs coming off the front engine mounts... eventually

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
                  I needed to sweep up the shop yesterday, so I rolled the 750 into the yard. It's almost finished. I need to figure out some adapter plates for the GSXR rearsets, chain and sprockets, exhaust hanger, and a few other tidbits.

That swingarm looks mighty interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                    That swingarm looks mighty interesting...
                    It looks pretty good under there. You guys did a great job on it! I still have to finish weld the shock mounts, but that 180 tire fits very nicely in there! Thanks again for your help!

Comment

My work in progress. Project 'NimRod" It's not finished but it's what I got. All the work so far is documented in project threads.

Comment

Work in Progress

this is my 83 gs750es its a work in progress but is coming together pretty well..

Comment

My work in progress

I took a couple of pics for motivation, I've been waiting for a long time for funds to get started, slowly gettin there. Work conditions are what they are, under a pole barn with my fathers extra junk around, but hey it's a cover.
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

my first actual bike/build 1980 gs1000, wanted to make it my style so took out the grinder and started hacking. Just got new airbrushing on the tank of POW MIA Flag looks pretty decent. Got some work to do though to get it running up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by Awall View Post
                              My work in progress. Project 'NimRod" It's not finished but it's what I got. All the work so far is documented in project threads.

I like it!

Comment

My first bike build. Less than $600 in the whole bike...

And how it sits now...

Comment

Working...
                                X