Aftermarket Cafe Seat for GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Cafe Seat for GS750

I am looking for a nice cafe/roadrace type seat for my GS750. I like the stock tail profile of my bike but cannot seem to find anything with that type of tail profile that is a "known fitment" for the GS750. I have looked at everything from Airtech and they have some pretty cool looking stuff. I don't really want a hump tail. Like I said, something that resembles the stock tail and was tailored for the bike would be the ticket. But I guess you really can't tell what something will look like unless it's sitting on your bike. I guess I am wondering if anyone has some pics of GS750's with the types of seats on them that I am describing, and knows right were to obtain the seat. Or, any hints as to were I could obtain some other options rather than try to fab something myself.

I jsut finished a Cafe conversion on a gs 650gl-Got a really nice 28 " seat on ebay-Had to fabricate and weld some pieces to the frame for fitment but it came out awesome--Rear light came out pefect too--I didnt want a big stupid light --Check out my album and there are more pics there-

Comment

www.Airtech-streamlining.com in the vintage body work section.

Comment

I know you said you don't want to fab your own, but it's not really that hard. It just takes patience. I know Beergod did an awesome seat on his cafe which inspired me to do mine. I'm not a big fan of the traditional "bump" seats, so I fabbed my own that resembles the stock tail with a smaller profile. I'll be redoing it soon, but for a first try I've gotten quite a few compliments. I'll get some pics up if your interested in seeing it.

Comment

He's right. I did my own as well.. I was more into the H2R style from the Kawi line for my seat, think i got pretty close. I have pics available, as well as pics of in progress to show some ways of doing it if you are interested. Its not hard, but it IS messy and stinks to high heaven.

Comment

Cafe Kid, I would like to see those pics you spoke of. I to prefer the Kaw H2R look, (as seen from Airtech). Or, like the TZ750 Kenny Roberts era style. Do you know where/what the Herron Suzuki seat came from?

Comment

A really easy way to make a custom steel tail is to use the rear part of an old gas tank. Just find a tank with a shape that you like, or even a tank that matches the front. Here's one (I'll get done someday ) made from a '75 Suzuki GT250 tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe C View Post
                A really easy way to make a custom steel tail is to use the rear part of an old gas tank. Just find a tank with a shape that you like, or even a tank that matches the front. Here's one (I'll get done someday ) made from a '75 Suzuki GT250 tank.

more pics of the bike please

Comment

Originally posted by sonnygs1100 View Post
                  more pics of the bike please
                  Here's the bike. This tail I made from steel, and it's basically built around a GSXR taillight. The other one is going to be a more traditional look.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerofreeze View Post
                    I jsut finished a Cafe conversion on a gs 650gl-Got a really nice 28 " seat on ebay-Had to fabricate and weld some pieces to the frame for fitment but it came out awesome--Rear light came out pefect too--I didnt want a big stupid light --Check out my album and there are more pics there-
                    By 28" seat you mean length? Can you give me overall measurements for that cafe seat? I am looking at purchasing one and would like to make sure I get the right size...thanks.

Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Joe C View Post
                      Here's the bike. This tail I made from steel, and it's basically built around a GSXR taillight. The other one is going to be a more traditional look.

love your sporty

Comment

Working...
                      X