paint scheme opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint scheme opinions..

so a buddy of mine and i have conspired to repaint my 1100 this winter.

first it was going to be just fixing the scratches.. then it was just going to be a decal kit and repaint everything. now.. well...

what do you guys think of

for the main colour, with a pain scheme like the aussie 83? the area that is inside the pinstriping would be a different colour.. i was thinking mebby:

or

I like the titanium with the green. The silver might go better with the bike as a whole, though. Post a pic of your bike as it sits and that will give a better idea of the whole package.

Mark

Comment

the areas inside the gold pinstriping ( suzuki tank badge, gs1100g, and reflector area on the tail ) would be one of the silvers.

i also considered just painting the whole bike black pearl and just the tank badge area one of the other colours. i'm not sure i like the side covers with so much silver.

might just end up painting it all black pearl and calling it good, too i would probably leave the pinstripe off if i can't get it done in a silver.. i don't think the gold would look right.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

The 1000L I had was black with a charcol in the badge area.. I always liked that.. I think your colors would look good..IMO

Comment

i painted a sporty gunmetal gray last year , and it clashed with the chrome so i blacked out chrome and did flat black racing stripes . it looked 70s cuda sweet
          have you thought of doing champane and dark earth metalic in your pinstriped part
          Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnygs1100 View Post
            i painted a sporty gunmetal gray last year , and it clashed with the chrome so i blacked out chrome and did flat black racing stripes . it looked 70s cuda sweet
            It's not acceptable to make a post like this without at least one picture, you know...

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
              It's not acceptable to make a post like this without at least one picture, you know...

Mark
              i built the bike for a buddy but if you want i can get pics in a few days , heres a sporty i did in mid 90s this one is green base with blue mother of pearl in clear . sorry for crappy pic took pic of a polaroid
              Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I like dark grays

Comment

look at my sig. sweet color scheme

Comment

i like it xat, but the fiencee says no red :P

Comment

Working...
                    X