No announcement yet.

Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish they had thought of that on the older 750s!! that would be too easy though. They look like they were silk screened on the plastic piece then glue in from inside the housing somehow.. maybe someone who knows Rudy will pass the thread along.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

send him a PM, see what he says
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

found him in members list..i always forget about these things..sent him a PM...
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          I looked on bikebandit and the guages and the housing itself is a discontinued items. a slick sticker to RENEW the lettering down the middle would be the cats azzz.

I got this one from partshark. But boulevardsuzuki.com has it. The only thing is the one I got is different than the picture on the fiche. It has the gear indicator from the 79 750 and some of the 850s. I needed to pickup a used gear indicator. I have an extra now since I got a used set of gauges. I was disappointed that it wasn't just like the original but my bike was not very stock when I got it. Yours are very nice so you might not want to change to the different style.
          5-2CASE, METER
          34150-45100

1$76.68$56.60
          David
          1998 Suzuki Bandit
          1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
          1978 GS1000 - gone
          1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

i will check them out as well..was just thinking a sticker would be WAY cheaper and an easier fix..no tear down..just peel and stick.. even at at say 15 bucks a pop your way ahead of the game i would think.

Comment

i will check them out as well..was just thinking a sticker would be WAY cheaper and an easier fix..no tear down..just peel and stick.. even at at say 15 bucks a pop your way ahead of the game i would think.
              Certainly would be a great option if they could be made. My housing was also cracked so I had to replace it for that reason too....

Not too bad to swap out the housing...
              David
              1998 Suzuki Bandit
              1978 GS1000 - gone
              1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

well from what i have read in this thread, Rudy knows some folks that might be able to do exactly that.. this is what got my interest peaked!! Hell i would buy three or 4 sets just to have on hand when and if the first one got damaged!!! make them for all the bikes withn this silk screened leterring setup and make some coin selling them on the forum!!!

Comment

well from what i have read in this thread, Rudy knows some folks that might be able to do exactly that.. this is what got my interest peaked!! Hell i would buy three or 4 sets just to have on hand when and if the first one got damaged!!! make them for all the bikes withn this silk screened leterring setup and make some coin selling them on the forum!!!
                  It is a great idea. Hopefully he will respond soon. Seems like there is interest in the faces again too....
                  David
                  1998 Suzuki Bandit
                  1978 GS1000 - gone
                  1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Guage Lettering

Any word on the white lettering on the idiot lights? I have a really nice guage face off of my '77 750. The only reason why I replaced it with a NOS one was because those letters were faded/worn.

Comment

still on standby to see if Rudy or someone who knows him signs in.. My wheels in my heada are spinning...maybe take my bike up to that graphics place monday by ne and show the guys what i am thinking... will post any updates if i get a score...

Comment

still on standby to see if Rudy or someone who knows him signs in.. My wheels in my heada are spinning...maybe take my bike up to that graphics place monday by ne and show the guys what i am thinking... will post any updates if i get a score...

I emailed Rudy.....
                        David
                        1998 Suzuki Bandit
                        1978 GS1000 - gone
                        1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

cool let us know what he thinks of the interest in this thread!! Will be awesome to have yet another restore part to use!!!

Comment

Hey boys just saw the pm's and searched out this thread again. I've been pretty busy with the house renos and stuff for the last year. only read a bit of what has been written here in the last while, so I probably don't know everything what you guys are asking for. The faces do take a little while to get everyones information all together on what they want, but the actual drawing of them isn't too bad as it's just more of a copy/paste thing now. There definitely has to be at least 15 sets to make it worth while now. Our old laser engraving supplier has kinda fallen off the face of the earth, but we found another one a few weeks ago. He seems to be really good. Don't know how he compares on price though. I'll have to find out.

As for silk scrEening stuff, I have no idea. I know there's a big silk screening place up in Winterburne about 10 minutes from my house, but I'd think the cost of templates would be cost prohibitive.

I could also talk to the guy I had make the decal set for my Cooley replica. He's always willing to do off the wall crazy custom stuff for old bikes. Just lemme know your ideas and I'll see what I can come up with.

If I don't get back to you right away, be patient. I still have an old slabbie I'm working on yet too, among other peoples bikes.

Comment

Thanks for the PMs Rudy..everyone says your the go to guy. Tell your guy if he can make them i will DEFINITELY buy 3 or 4 for my bikes. The colors on the needles and the red lines are nice as can be .Great whito on the faces and then you get this worn off crappy look on the guage housings. I will look at y 78 as well but i think the 77 and 78 750 is set up in exactly the same configuration... will let you know for sure..Best wishes, Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                                Hey boys just saw the pm's and searched out this thread again. I've been pretty busy with the house renos and stuff for the last year. only read a bit of what has been written here in the last while, so I probably don't know everything what you guys are asking for. The faces do take a little while to get everyones information all together on what they want, but the actual drawing of them isn't too bad as it's just more of a copy/paste thing now. There definitely has to be at least 15 sets to make it worth while now. Our old laser engraving supplier has kinda fallen off the face of the earth, but we found another one a few weeks ago. He seems to be really good. Don't know how he compares on price though. I'll have to find out.

As for silk scrEening stuff, I have no idea. I know there's a big silk screening place up in Winterburne about 10 minutes from my house, but I'd think the cost of templates would be cost prohibitive.

I could also talk to the guy I had make the decal set for my Cooley replica. He's always willing to do off the wall crazy custom stuff for old bikes. Just lemme know your ideas and I'll see what I can come up with.

If I don't get back to you right away, be patient. I still have an old slabbie I'm working on yet too, among other peoples bikes.
                                Hey Rudy. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. I am just getting mine installed. Life got in the way for awhile. Will get pics eventually.

Best wishes with your projects.
                                David
                                1998 Suzuki Bandit
                                1978 GS1000 - gone
                                1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Working...
                                X