No announcement yet.

Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Yes, I'm still alive up here in the not-so-white-anymore north. I don't really frequent the GSR as much as I used to. Partly because I bought a house two years ago and a complete renovation is where most of my time goes, and I don't have time to read all the wonderful threads on here anymore. I do frequent CUJM, but it's easy to keep up over there with only a few new postings per day.

Anyway, I don't think there will be any more face orders in the near future. The laser guy that I used is no longer in business. The new guy that we use at work doesn't get into the same style of labels, as he's more of an engraver. If I do find another place to get these made, I'll keep you guys all up to date.

Comment

Gauge faces

Mine are still in the envelope they came in. The pristine gauges I was going to install them in are in the next drawer down in the tool box. Didnt get them installed before the pin head teenage girl took the bike and me out. Knew I was making a mistake by not going to find a replacement right away. Havent been able to bring myself to sell the GS stuff. Money just keeps getting tighter. Who knows when or if I'll get another ride. Sorry. Just needed to whine a bit.

Comment

Can someone email me the file for the guages? I have a contact that should be able to make some more. May be a minute before I get a response but I did put on their radar. Please email the file to mark.aragon28@gmail.com.

The company I will be using does the exact same thing explained in the previous post, how ever they do it for several items outside of the norm.....so thought this was a perfect oppurtunity for us GS users t get some new faces.

Thank you!

Mark

Comment

Keep us posted I'm in on this..

Comment

Also with plenty of interest in this project.

Eric

Comment

I'm on this too!!
              Let us know.
              McLoud
              '79 GS850
              `98 GSF1200 Bandit
              sigpic
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

We need to find a source for these

Comment

Joe, you could probably contact Rudy through this ad and see if he has any interest.
                  He is selling his GS1000.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Faces

I would be interested in some for my 1981 GS1000GL. Thanks. Randy
                    1981 GS 1000GLX.
                    1981 GS 1000G.
                    1981 GS 650GLX.
                    1975 TS 185.
                    1972 100. Kawasaki.
                    1968 100. Suzuki.
                    1970 Z 50. Honda.
                    1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                    1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Put me down for a set for my 78 GS1000
                      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                      80 gs1000s

Comment

SWell...back in February he said he doesnt have a laser guy anymore to do the cutting...so it doesnt look as if hes gonne be making any.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I guess he didnt want to send his picture files to Mark so we could all put in an order ??
                          82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                          80 gs1000s

Comment

Bump-
                            While it looks like there's still no new laser capable company yet, I thought I'd try to keep this alive since I'd like a set....day late{years} as it is.
                            Maybe someone can be found to take their place.

Rudy, if you see this, do you have a pdf file for an 83 550L gauge face set?{factory black background/white numbers}

Comment

Ok, I just found a guy on facebook who can make custom clock faces....while he runs the really different stuff, he could copy what's been done here except he doesn't do laser etching - it would probably be transparent white in place of the etching- is this ok for you folks?
                              The place is "Speed Gauge Customs" on FB or the web{.com}
                              He just responded back to me stating he needs a scanned copy of the gauge face and measurements of it - then we figure out what needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                                I guess he didnt want to send his picture files to Mark so we could all put in an order ??
                                Don't hold your breath I put in a request for two sets when he was making them and never got a reply. 80GS850Bob let us see what you come up with, if you get any. The others were great but I think he got overloaded and had other things in life to attend to.
                                Last edited by OldVet66; 09-11-2015, 06:00 AM.
                                http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                                X