No announcement yet.

Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Patience" you say? Are you crazy?!?!?! Buddy, you've revealed the cure for cancer, the common cold, old age & ugly in one thread! Patience is not to be had. OK, I'm waiting patiently on the outside but I'm rapidly tapping my foot on the inside .

Originally posted by rudy View Post
    Really depends on the folks I have the proofs out to already. My aim is to place my order with the laser guy mid of next week at the latest. Depending on how busy he is, it could be a day or two for him to make them. I'll put my clocks together that night and take some pics to show you all as I know you're aching to see a finished product.

Patience my friend.

Rudy

Comment

Got my proofs and replied to Rudy already...apparently, I'm loooking forward to this, too.

Comment

me too, luving them, just cant wait to get them
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yep, agemax and hp1000s are ready to go. Just waiting on the other bunch. Need mailing addresses too so I can get a cost of sending them out, and let you guys know how much to send me.

Rudy

Comment

taking apart

Im looking at my tach right now and I read the tech info on getting them open, but cant find anything on how to remove the needle...dont want to break it...how would I go about this?

trying to get measurements for you...and figure out why my gas gauge doesnt work...mailing for me will be to 06457 by the way.

Comment

81 1000g

Anyone have "known" original gauges on their 80-81 GS1000G? I've checked and the P/N's are the same for both years. When I got mine it had a 140MPH speedometer & a 12K tach on it. NOW, with Rudy's diligence, I am totally confused. The gear drive on the front wheel is the same as my 82 GK so I'm assuming it is supposed to be an 85MPH and no clue on the tach. I have enough parts and pieces that I can probably "construct" something with a set Rudy' s gauge faces.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swisherred View Post
                Im looking at my tach right now and I read the tech info on getting them open, but cant find anything on how to remove the needle...dont want to break it...how would I go about this?

trying to get measurements for you...and figure out why my gas gauge doesnt work...mailing for me will be to 06457 by the way.

I thought I wrote in there about the fork..... Anyway, when you get the clocks open, lift the end of the needle over the stop. Mark on the face where it rests, then take a fork and slip it under the needle and pry it up. Watch that it doesn't fly and land on the ground, as this is where both of my needles broke. You can imagine how pi$$ed I was.

Your gas gauge might not work because of the sending unit in the tank. Look up the fix-it for that and rebuild/clean it first before you look too far at the gauge itself. It usually won't be the problem as the senders are known to be dodgy.

Rudy

Comment

dont remember anything on a fork, but that makes sense to try it...thanks, will do so...as for the gas gauge..I already tested the sending unit with a multimeter and it shows varying resistance depending on the gas sloshing around when i tilt the bike so im pretty sure its fine unless I missed something...trying to trace the wires and see if there is a break. I know my tach was smacked hard enough to crack off one of the mounting studs,crack the housing and bend the bracket by the PO...thats why im thinking it might be the gauge. repairable though.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Right on, sounds like you know what you're doing. Just sent you the first proofs.

Comment

bad wire on the gas gauge...its all good now...got the proofs...responded with some questions. hope you got them. lemme know if you didnt.

thanks

Comment

I'am interested in a set for my 1000s. What have you come up with?

Comment

Wow, I just read this whole thread, I want in. Thinking of a set for the 750 with the 1000 engine, tach that wraps all the way around to 14,000 or so, speedo up to 200 MPH, no Suzuki logo or anything, maybe a picture of Scarlet Johansen on the face, or maybe some Vincent looking thing....
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by cvmgtwowheels View Post
                            I'am interested in a set for my 1000s. What have you come up with?
                            Dude, check out the first page, 2nd post from the bottom. That's what's going on mine. I'm making a set for hp1000s, who has an actual 1000S, not like my plain 78 1000 that I'm making into an S. I can send you what I sent him. Let me know. Also, read the whole thread (I know, it's pretty long) you may find some details along the way.

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Wow, I just read this whole thread, I want in. Thinking of a set for the 750 with the 1000 engine, tach that wraps all the way around to 14,000 or so, speedo up to 200 MPH, no Suzuki logo or anything, maybe a picture of Scarlet Johansen on the face, or maybe some Vincent looking thing....
                            Sure man! Will try to draw something up for you tomorrow. Don't know about Scarlet, but why do you want dudes named Vincent on your gauge? Lol, bad joke. Basically, you provide me a picture, I can trace and put it in the design. The simpler, the better. V&H logo was pretty easy, took about 5 minutes to trace. K.I.S.S., keep it simple stupid.

Yes, I know what a Vincent is, and to tell the truth, I want one pretty bad! Took these earlier this summer at a CVMG swap meet/show. Mostly drooled, but took about 40 pics of this machine alone.

Comment

Its the pleat... the pants, they arent very flattering in the crotchal region...I am going to take them back to the pants store. What? Dont act like you're not impressed...

Ahhh The Vincent...150mph bike from the 50's FOLKS!! stupid grins to be had forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                                Its the pleat... the pants, they arent very flattering in the crotchal region...I am going to take them back to the pants store. What? Dont act like you're not impressed...

Ahhh The Vincent...150mph bike from the 50's FOLKS!! stupid grins to be had forever!!
                                EXACTLY the reason I want one!!! SUCH a nice bike! The whole mono-shock idea isn't anything new folks, even though the Vincent actually has two rear shocks, the design resembles something from FAR in the future. Too bad these things cost you your first born child to buy/restore to mint. Alas, will be a dream of mine til my dying days. I'd probably mess my pants if I ever got the chance to ride one. Pleats don't help with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X