No announcement yet.

Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rud, along with my ES package, I will also need TWO sets of faces for the 77-79 750 models. Didnt see if youve done a set like that or not, if you have, then you already know the measurements. They're pretty much the same as your 1000, speedo goes to 140. I will send you a PM on a design idea i have for them and see what you can do with it...

Josh

Comment

Gonna start work on the designs this weekend. I think I have enough people interested in the second round now. Still haven't seen anything from the folks that were gonna send their stock faces in to be copied........ Josh? Standiggity? Fat_sac?

EL Rider, as for UV reactive material, um, not likely but I'll ask. What's your idea with that?

Comment

PM sent Rudy for a link to photos of the fuel gauge with measurements and pictures to place on the speedo & tach. How to paypal? Sorry, newbie when it comes to that sort of thing.

Comment

Bump and PM sent with email for proof

Comment

Ok folks, the proof PDFs are flying through cyberspace. Last chance for the snackbar before the show starts. Anyone who still wants in, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Thought it would be best to hold off on order #2 til the snow flew as it would be easier for guys to tear their stuff apart rather than wanting to ride. Can't make everyone happy though, them folks from the sunny south, warm places........ ahhh, we all knew there were cons to living in places without snow.

Anyway, my goal for a deadline will be about 2 weeks from now, Dec. 5th, so folks can hopefully have their stuff before Christmas. Provisions for anybody needing more time depends how much I like you. I KID! I KID! Just let me know you're in, and what you want. Will be PMing a few folks that haven't gotten back to me.

Rudy

Comment

Gauges

Hey Rudy,

I would be interested in some for my 82 GS 1100E...I like the Vance & Hines version...count me in if you can produce them for this model.

jw

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                Hey Rudy,

I would be interested in some for my 82 GS 1100E...I like the Vance & Hines version...count me in if you can produce them for this model.

jw

PM sent.

Rudy

Comment

Removal

whats the trick to removing the faces with out causing any damage?

jw

Comment

Read through the posts in this thread. CAREFULLY lift the needle over the stop, make a mark on the case, use a fork to CAREFULLY pry the needle off the post, unscrew the face plate. Installation is the reverse.

Rudy happened to break both his needles when removing them as they flew through the air and landed hard for the brittle plastic. As far as getting into the cases, that's described in this thread as well. you may pick up all this information beginning about page 8 or so.

The mark on the case is to be able to reset the needles properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Riding Again View Post
                      Read through the posts in this thread. CAREFULLY lift the needle over the stop, make a mark on the case, use a fork to CAREFULLY pry the needle off the post, unscrew the face plate. Installation is the reverse.

Rudy happened to break both his needles when removing them as they flew through the air and landed hard for the brittle plastic. As far as getting into the cases, that's described in this thread as well. you may pick up all this information beginning about page 8 or so.

The mark on the case is to be able to reset the needles properly.

^^^^^^^ Exactly what he said. I can't stress CAREFULLY enough. I still haven't gotten around to making new needles for mine yet. A few thoughts have gone through my head already, but haven't decided on an actual solution. My needles were extremely sun-baked and would crumble if you looked at them wrong.

Comment

Broken needle

Ok got it off, broke the needle though. Fortunately it was on my back up set that I use for parts...

Comment

Results?

Does anyone have photos of these installed yet?

Comment

Go see posts 150, 151 & 156 of this thread. 150 has pictures of the new plates, 151 & 156 has pictures of installed plates.

Comment

Oh wow! Thanks Riding Again, somehow I skipped over that whole page of posts last night.

Rudy, those look great!
                              Already sent the PM, but wanted to say on public record that I'll definitely be ordering them.

Comment

Good stuff! There's a few people confirmed for sure. Lots more that I haven't really heard from in a bit. I think the count is about 12 right now including everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X