Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of background colours

Ok, talked to Laser-guy John this morning. Asked him what colours are available in the material he uses. This is the list for background colours:

BLACK
    RED
    SAPPHIRE BLUE
    AZURE BLUE
    SMOOTH GOLD
    SMOOTH SILVER
    WHITE

PLEASE, SOMEBODY TRY THE GOLD OR SILVER!!!!! (JOSH, YOU NEED GOLD FOR YOUR 77!!!!) I wanna see what it looks like! Maybe on a blinged/tricked out fighter or a sweet and sassy cafe or something like that. I don't see red and blue working for too many people's projects, but they're available.

Comment

77 GS 750 faceplates

Rudy VERY nice job!

Put me down for 2 sets for a 77 GS 750. Will pay with paypal.

Thanks
      Dom
      Bloomington Springs, Tn

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        Ok, talked to Laser-guy John this morning. Asked him what colours are available in the material he uses. This is the list for background colours:

BLACK
        RED
        SAPPHIRE BLUE
        AZURE BLUE
        SMOOTH GOLD
        SMOOTH SILVER
        WHITE

PLEASE, SOMEBODY TRY THE GOLD OR SILVER!!!!! (JOSH, YOU NEED GOLD FOR YOUR 77!!!!) I wanna see what it looks like! Maybe on a blinged/tricked out fighter or a sweet and sassy cafe or something like that. I don't see red and blue working for too many people's projects, but they're available.
        Would like to see the smooth gold...might look pretty cool on the champagn 1100....Rudy still working on getting the tach apart..

Comment

See that Josh? The people want to see gold! To tell you the truth, so do I. Would do it for mine, but doesn't really fit the colour scheme.

Comment

Go for the Gold!!

Alright Rudy..I am going to make an another attempt at the the gauges again...Im pretty certain I want to go with the gold faces for my 1100...I'll get them to you as quick as possible for sizing....

thx

joe

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              Alright Rudy..I am going to make an another attempt at the the gauges again...Im pretty certain I want to go with the gold faces for my 1100...I'll get them to you as quick as possible for sizing....

thx

joe

Sounds good man! Gold it is!

Comment

Hi Rudy,
                I am getting ready for some gauge faces. I originally looked at this thread back when you started it and dismissed it since I play with little 550s. recently I went through the thread as it has matured and realize how fabulous a job you are doing providing product for everyone.
                Fabulous job.

I am at a point of deciding I might get 1000 gauges to install into my 550 housing and think a set of the faces you provide would let me get the redline where I want it and a few other details changed too.

Has you second batch been closed yet? can I get in or shall I sit tight till the next round.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
                  Hi Rudy,
                  I am getting ready for some gauge faces. I originally looked at this thread back when you started it and dismissed it since I play with little 550s. recently I went through the thread as ti has matured and realize how fabulous a job you are doing providing product for everyone.
                  Fabulous job.

I am at a point of deciding I might get 1000 gauges to install into my 550 housing and think a set of the faces you provide would let me get the redline where I want it and a few other details changed too.

Has you second batch been closed yet? can I get in or shall I sit tight till the next round.

PM sent. .

Comment

Hey Rudy,

Sounds like the ordering phase of round two is pretty much wrapped up, so I don't want to hold anybody up by jumping on at the last second (man I hate it when people do that). Just wondering if you have plans for a round three (I have to wait for my brother and sister to pay me back for the last round of bills before I have the money anyway). If so, sign me up for a set for my '80 GS1000G. I printed up the list of the info you need, and will start compiling it right away.

Just for chits and giggles, I was wondering if you could include another secondary conversion for the speedo (so there are three rings of numbers). Something like Ft/sec., or Mach (i.e. Mach .1315 @ 100 mph) or something of equal chuckle value. I don't know if I would actually have you do it even if you could, but it crossed my mind.

Paul

Comment

Sure thing Paul. Will put you on the list for round 3 whenever that comes around. I'll let you know.

Rudy

Comment

Sorry for a little thread drift here but a question for you folks that have cracked open your speedometers...

My 850 speedo needle bounces around more than I like - problem is in the gauge, not the drive or cable. I pulled out the speedo guts and tried to lubricate the mechanism but no love.

Do you guys think the mechanism from another model GS would fit into my 850 housing? There is a good supply of GS bike gauges on ebay for the smaller bikes like 250/300/450's, but the large bike gauges cost quite a bit more. I'm acutally thinking of buying a smashed gauge since it's cheaper still and I'm only going to use he gut anyway.

What do you guys think?
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Removing needles

Does the "fork" trick work on the "metal" type needles? I have removed the plastic ones (my old GK speedo) by pulling them off. I tried to lift type on the tach but was afraid to put too much forcem on it. I shoe-horned the GK speedo into the G housing until I was able to get the correct gauge package for my G. I'm going to swap faces as soon as I get my new front tire mounted. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

my G and was afraid to pry very hard. Are these

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            Sorry for a little thread drift here but a question for you folks that have cracked open your speedometers...

My 850 speedo needle bounces around more than I like - problem is in the gauge, not the drive or cable. I pulled out the speedo guts and tried to lubricate the mechanism but no love.

Do you guys think the mechanism from another model GS would fit into my 850 housing? There is a good supply of GS bike gauges on ebay for the smaller bikes like 250/300/450's, but the large bike gauges cost quite a bit more. I'm acutally thinking of buying a smashed gauge since it's cheaper still and I'm only going to use he gut anyway.

What do you guys think?
                            Ooooo, um, dunno for sure but I think the ratio may be different for the smaller bikes. Don't remember where I heard that, or how accurate I am. I have another set from a 78 1000, but that doesn't help you since you're looking for miles, and not km. Ask around on the parts pages, I'm sure there's got to be someone with an old wreck they're parting out, or stuff lying around.

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
                            Does the "fork" trick work on the "metal" type needles? I have removed the plastic ones (my old GK speedo) by pulling them off. I tried to lift type on the tach but was afraid to put too much forcem on it. I shoe-horned the GK speedo into the G housing until I was able to get the correct gauge package for my G. I'm going to swap faces as soon as I get my new front tire mounted. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

my G and was afraid to pry very hard. Are these
                            Just pry away. Fork is best. It'll come off with enough force, they're just kinda pressed on. Make sure you mark the actual resting place of the needle (past the stopper pin) to make sure you get it back in the right place afterwards. Put a cloth or paper towel or something over the needle when you go to pry them off. That way they don't fly across the garage when they let go.

Comment

Is there anything can also be done about faded/yellowed odometer numbers? Seems a shame to have a fresh face and yellow teeth.

My search of this thread turned up nothing about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

Just remembered something. Mine was doing the same thing and I just remembered how I fixed it. The little bowl shaped piece the magnet spins in had a wad of grease or something in it. I washed it out and the bouncing stopped. I'm leaving to go to a memorial service in a few minutes but I will post a picture for you when I get home. Probably around 1:00 today.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X