Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
    They look fantastic... having the needles the same colour as the dials might increase the time required to 'get a read' on them though, while riding....contrast helps somewhat, with monitoring the gauges using peripheral vision while looking ahead.
    Tony.
    Tony,

That is a good point. I had thought of that late last night when putting them back together. I will see how they do and if need be I will paint them black. I have two extra needles. I also have two extra faces of the original style if anyone is interested. I had gotten an extra set of gauges to work with and the face plates were in good shape. Mine were cracked which is what got me into this whole thing originally....
    David
    1998 Suzuki Bandit
    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
    1978 GS1000 - gone
    1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Originally posted by portdave View Post
      Tony,

That is a good point. I had thought of that late last night when putting them back together. I will see how they do and if need be I will paint them black...
      All it might take, is to paint the needle tips where they meet the numerals red, or florescent orange to provide a cool 'floating' effect, and make the gauges 'pop'.
      Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
        All it might take, is to paint the needle tips where they meet the numerals red, or florescent orange to provide a cool 'floating' effect, and make the gauges 'pop'.
        Tony.

Good idea. I might just go ahead and do that before I install them. It won't take me much time to get back into the gauges since I have already bent back the bezel. Easier to open again....Thanks.
        David
        1998 Suzuki Bandit
        1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
        1978 GS1000 - gone
        1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Rudy, I'm still down for a set for my bike. Slight problem, I'm not sure what year and model my gauges are off. Here's a link to a pic. Sorry about the lighting.

I'll PM ya colors and all.

Comment

Originally posted by portdave View Post

EXACTLY what I'd like to do the mine....except for the "750" part of course .....but it's the right look!

And the idea of flourescent orange tips on the needles is a good one

Comment

nice stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                EXACTLY what I'd like to do the mine....except for the "750" part of course .....but it's the right look!

And the idea of flourescent orange tips on the needles is a good one
                Wow those look nice!!

Comment

These look GREAT!! can you get this done for the GS650? what does it cost? I might be in for 2!!!

Comment

Sorry dudes, I haven't forgotten about you yet. Life gets in the way all the time. Ridiculous at work, busy at home, and my sister is getting married this weekend. Both the car and bike are overdue on oil changes because I just don't have time. Kitchen is coming along now though, but by the time that's done, my windows will be here....... it's a vicious cycle.

Will keep trying to find a few minutes soon to put some stuff together.

Comment

Good luck on all fronts, I know how that goes. I can wait as long as it takes, if you would include me. I have a '78 and '79 GS1000E.
                      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Hey Rudy, put me down on the list for a 1980 850G set(in KMPH) please
                        GS850GT

Comment

Bump & Status Check

Hey Rudy - what's the latest? Winter projects coming up.......

Comment

Rudy, you still doing these?

Comment

bump.......

Rudy?
                              Anyone??
                              Bueller???

Comment

I am sure happy with the set I got. I hope all is well up north with Rudy. I enjoyed working with him making the set the way I wanted, they are sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X