Just another cafe seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another cafe seat

Low profile two person cafe seat experiment. I dont have any side covers for this bike, so I went ahead and integrated them into the seat. Others on here have had problems with the ebay cafe seats not fitting the GS frame well, so I took the plunge. This is my first fiberglass project, so we shall see how it goes.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2008, 10:57 AM.

looks like a good start....

Comment

Good for you!

keep us posted....i've always wanted to try a fiberglass project....

Comment

looks great, wanna get rid of one of those 9"s my 351w is eating jeep rear ends regularly

Comment

LOL, those are Toyota axles. Your best bang for the buck would be a ford 8.8 from an explorer, 31 spline axles, disc brakes, some with positrac. Plus they are the correct bolt pattern etc. Fairly easy swap, I have done several.

Comment

Sorry about the crappy cell phone cam pic, but you can see that I have done some smoothing of the surface and I have chosen my padding and upholstery material. The padding is what is left of a USGI sleeping pad (0.375" thick closed cell foam). Its not very thick, I know, but its better than nothing and I am trying to keep it simple after all. The marine vinyl is what I have left over from a soft top project.

Also, you can see the curved cutout on the rear of the seat for the cat eye shaped tail light I will be using.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon047 View Post
              LOL, those are Toyota axles. Your best bang for the buck would be a ford 8.8 from an explorer, 31 spline axles, disc brakes, some with positrac. Plus they are the correct bolt pattern etc. Fairly easy swap, I have done several.
              I thought they were ford 9" at first glance, I have a waggy 44 out back, but they are getting hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
                I thought they were ford 9" at first glance, I have a waggy 44 out back, but they are getting hard to come by.
                Do you off-road at all? I'm guessing not since you are FDNY and having been there myself, there really isn't anywhere to wheel.

Until recently, I worked for a buddy with an off-road shop, so I have experience with tube bending, notching etc, but this is my first bike, someday it may get a completely custom frame, but not for a while.

Comment

Cool project, and props for diving in and doing it! Maybe some aluminum side panels if the integrated 'glass doesn't work out for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X