Headlight & ears for gixxer front end mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight & ears for gixxer front end mod

What size headlight should i be looking for if I do the gsxr front end mod on my 80 1100? I plan on using the 93-97 750 front end. In keeping with my "minimalist" theme I want something chrome & big enough for all the wiring.
    Also, please suggest somewhere to order such a headlight. And now that I'm writing this I wonder how to attach it to the new front end.

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
    What size headlight should i be looking for if I do the gsxr front end mod on my 80 1100? I plan on using the 93-97 750 front end. In keeping with my "minimalist" theme I want something chrome & big enough for all the wiring.
    Also, please suggest somewhere to order such a headlight. And now that I'm writing this I wonder how to attach it to the new front end.

Paul
    I used an 8" round and ears from an eBay store that were made for 50mm forks. Both things you can get on eBay - the headlights a bit more rare.

Comment

I just used my stock headlight when I switched over to a 93 GSXR750 front end on my 83 GS1100esd.

Comment

I haven't seen a lot of places that sell the7or 8 inch headlights. I do want to get away from the stock unit. Where have you found yours?

Paul
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
          I haven't seen a lot of places that sell the7or 8 inch headlights. I do want to get away from the stock unit. Where have you found yours?

Paul
          Are you saying you want to use your stock unit? If so, you just need to get the headlight ears off of eBay.

Comment

No, ideally I like the 7-8 inch all chrome ones like groundshock is using. Here in Canada my suppliers are limited. I have no problem ordering it from the US. I just need somewhere to find the one I want.

Paul

Comment

Paul, i bought some headlight ears for a project from www.speedmotoco.com.
              I know they also have complete headlight setups. You can usually find their stuff on E-Bay.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I see you're from Canada too. So no problems with shipping?

Paul

Comment

$100 for a 7" chrome headlight if you already have the mounting ears, $180 if you don't

Comment

Working...
                  X