Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed bar end mirrors....I can see!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed bar end mirrors....I can see!!

Well kinda....

Ordered a set from Z1...only set they sell, generic, no brand listed and they turned out to be Emgos....

But...they look OK and even though the glass is terrible...at least I can tell if something is behind me....

Better than lookin' at my elbows with the stock mirrors on the superbike bars.....

I see now the DennisKirk and bikebandit both carry Napoleans....
    Guess I'll order a set of those after I rebuild my bike fund a bit...

Later,
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

I've got Halcyons (830's). http://www.classicpartsltd.com/classicmotorcyclemirrors.htm

Crystal clear vision and no vibrations. Very expensive, but the best money I've spent in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
      I've got Halcyons (830's). http://www.classicpartsltd.com/classicmotorcyclemirrors.htm

Crystal clear vision and no vibrations. Very expensive, but the best money I've spent in a long time.
      Yup....I saw yours in an older thread when I ran a search...they do look very nice.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I just put the Emgo's on my GS. I like how they look, and I guess they're OK for the price. I use "Mirrycle" mountain bike mirrors on my Sportster, and I couldn't be happier with them, and they were only about $15 each at a bicycle shop. The glass is excellent and they have proven to be very rugged. If you are looking for a non-bling, small round mirror, they might be a good choice. They can be mounted a number of different ways. I left off the extension bracket and mounted them under the bars.

Comment

Bar end mirrors...

I helped a family member transport 2 Gs bikes he bought for projects a few weeks ago.We only had to drive 6-8 miles round trip.One was a 750L the other was a 750T. The T had napolean's on it and I had been looking into changing to better mirrors.I had mentioned that to him recently and after we had the bikes loaded, he told me I could have them.Not a bad gig, I was helpin him for free anyhow.So far I like them alot. Couldnt wait to get the bug antennae of my bike.I got him to join the site within days, now if I can just get him to spend more time on that 750T.....

Comment

Working...
          X