"Dropped" or "Stepped" seat source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dropped" or "Stepped" seat source

OK, I did the required search and didn't find anything....

I've seen a few pictures of some bikes on here with nice "hold on to you butt" shapes. They look like cut down stock seats. I stopped by one place yesterday here locally but the looked at me kind of funny when I asked about getting some work done and that I wanted a drop or step put in the seat. I was wanting to know if anyone had a good source or vendor that I could send my seat to to get it re-foamed/recovered with a nice agressive drop in it?
    I'm really getting tired of sliding back on my seat everytime I get deep in the throttle.

Thanks.

not sure what you got available in your area but any good custom car or just an auto upholsterer should be able to mod your seat to your requirements. its just a case of pulling off the old cover, reshaping the foam and then reworking the cover to fit again. i have done a few in my time but mine is now recovered in black suede, done by a professional
    Last edited by Agemax; 08-21-2008, 05:56 PM.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Agreed ^

What you are after is your own personal version of a King/Queen seat. It is fairly easy to do by peeling off the cover, cutting down the foam (at the front) with a sharp knife and pulling cover back over (tight). Any auto upholsterer should be able to do it for you. Print some pics and take them with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        not sure what you got available in your area but any good custom car or just an auto upholsterer should be able to mod your seat to your requirements. its just a case of pulling off the old cover, reshaping the foam and then reworking the cover to fit again. i have done a few in my time but mine is now recovered in black suede, done by a professional
        x2. look into Alcantara Suede, no slip.

Comment

Working...
        X