handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handlebars

After riding quite a bit on the 1100ES in a more comfortable slight forward lean position, I find that the 1100G bars are just a little high and back causing me to sit more upright. I tend to slide back on the seat to adjust my position and may consider changing out the bars because I have longer arms. I've already moved the bars a little to get it better but still not to my liking especially when I have a passenger and have to stay forward in the seat.
    Does anyone know what the stock '83 1100G bar measuremets are?

Here is a pic that closely matches what I presently have" and these are called police/cruiser type.

Height:5.5"
    Pullback:10"
    Center:6.5"
    Width: 31.5"
    Diameter: 7/8"

I tried to measure my G as best as I could with the grips on:
    Height:6"
    Pullback:7"
    Center:6.5"
    Width: 31"

I tried to measure my ES as best as I could with the grips on:
    Height:2.5"
    Pullback:4"
    Center:7"
    Width: 28"

I'm thinking of 3" height and 4" pull back but still 31" width.

Does that sound right? Any sites that carry this? It's hard to calculate and I don't want to get something I don't like or want to do this twice.
    thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2008, 05:54 PM.

I will measure my GL bars at lunch today to see what the REAL difference is in inches.

Comment

It sounds like the superbike style bars would be right.

Comment

Below are photos of my 1000GL with Superbike bars. I put these on the bike before I ever rode it (this is my second 1000GL, so I knew what I was dealing with)!

Best modification you can do to any GS - I don't care for any of the stock bars at all.

Comment

I would say go for the Daytona bars. The superbike bars are a little low for me and I have long arms. They're fine on the highway but if I'm doing under 50 for long periods, I get achey.

Josh

Comment

Here is what worked for me:

Comment

update

I went with the Daytona bars and am very happy with the setup.
              They are a little wider than the superbike bars and maybe a tad higher.
              Perfect fit and feel for me on the G.

Comment

Ha, I didn't even realize your post is from almost a month ago! A lot of help we've been, huh? So I think I'll get a set of the Daytona's too. Is your current pic of the G showing the Daytona bars then?

Comment

So, what you all suggest for a person with a long torso and short arms?

Comment

So, what you all suggest for a person with a long torso and short arms?
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Ho! Lee! Shhhhh**!

Comment

That's just dumb not to mention dangerous. He has no real control over that bike in that position. He is just asking to become a grease smear on the pavement. He even looks like he is in position for the eventual outcome of his riding. Looks like those Halloween witches that people put on trees... SPLAT!

Comment

I like the sign in the background, Department of transportation district office, next right. Humm.

Comment

Originally posted by ironsheik View Post
                            Ha, I didn't even realize your post is from almost a month ago! A lot of help we've been, huh? So I think I'll get a set of the Daytona's too. Is your current pic of the G showing the Daytona bars then?
                            Yes (a little late?)
                            Did you mount up the stock exhaust yet?

Comment

I've used Superbike bars by Tomaselli for sixteen years on my 650G. I can't imagine using anyhting else, as I don't like large windscreens and in the heat of summer I remove the small screen I do have. The lower bars keep me forward and bouyed up by the wind, leading to a comfortable position for highway travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X