GS 750T Tank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750T Tank question

I was wondering if this tank will fit on my 1982 GS 750T. i am unsure of what bike this tank belongs to?

Looks like it's from and L, and no I don't think it'll fit. I've got a spare tank from an '82 750T if you'd like. Black with gray.

The inside will need cleaning, though.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
      I've got a spare tank from an '82 750T if you'd like. Black with gray.

The inside will need cleaning, though.

Do you have any pics of the tank and how much are you willing to part with it for?

Comment

Originally posted by computertech2000 View Post
        Do you have any pics of the tank and how much are you willing to part with it for?
        No pics right now. Miiiight be able to get some. How's $75 + shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
          No pics right now.

By looking at the tank does it have any major dents or anything along that line? The reason I ask is that I have a tank now but it's got a big old dent in the right hand side so I'm just trying to save myself time and aggravation.

Comment

By looking at the tank does it have any major dents or anything along that line? The reason I ask is that I have a tank now but it's got a big old dent in the right hand side so I'm just trying to save myself time and aggravation.
            No dents at all, just some scratches in the clearcoat.

Comment

I'm not certain, but I think all the "L's" have the gas cap in the center. Not offset to the right, as that one is. Nice tank though.
              Larry D
              1980 GS450S
              1981 GS450S
              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

UncleMike,

What forms of payment would you take and would you be able to let me know what the shipping cost would be from where you are to 08015 zip code?
                Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
                  I'm not certain, but I think all the "L's" have the gas cap in the center. Not offset to the right, as that one is. Nice tank though.

That what I was thinking I have an 1980 750 L and 1982 750T and the T is offset and the L is in the middle, do you know if it changed over the year or so difference?

Comment

I was thinking that the tank is from an 1982 850GLD? but not sure though

Comment

That what I was thinking I have an 1980 750 L and 1982 750T and the T is offset and the L is in the middle, do you know if it changed over the year or so difference?
                      Nope, not sure. I read in a thread here that the "L's" all have gas caps in the middle. I read alot of threads on different subjects. So, I'm not sure which thread it was. Might search gas caps and maybe it'll pop up.
                      Larry D
                      1980 GS450S
                      1981 GS450S
                      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
                      X