No announcement yet.

'80 850 bobber style project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man, you really like to lower things, eh? the kids wagon is a hoot!! now it just needs 100 spoke wheels and curb cutters!

I love the jawa, man that looks great!! it would go over at any vintage show, flattrack event, etc. that is really sweet!!

nice work on them all, glad you know what you're doing with a welder!!!

Comment

here is a race you would like, here in NYC. you go from Manhattan to Brooklyn and drink a lot, I do it every year since '98

Comment

This thread is awesome and I don't even like bobbers all that much.

Comment

I have publicly voiced my disdain on doing this kind of stuff to these bikes. On several occasions.

That said, You have finally done what I thought was impossible- hack up a GS into a bobber and create a well-made piece that actually looks professional and presentable.

A HEARTY well-done to you sir, and your other creations are 100% hooligan excellence.

Comment

Silverkrown-I think it sounds awesome, they are sorta loud, but in a good way, not Harley loud, but throaty "racetrack" loud.

Rooster- I am in no way an engineer, but I think the structure set-up with the rear triangle should be fine, I know the welds will hold up, so far everything else has stayed together

Richarr-That was fantastic! Looks like great fun!!

Jola-Don't be a bobber hater! LOL, Glad you liked it.

Groundshock- Thank You, by far the best compliment I have ever received. "100%hooligan excellence", that is classic!

Comment

As I watched the ol' Soapbox video, I forgot about this one, Gravity Racer #3, The Belly Bomber!
              Many called it the Death Machine, but it sure was fun.
              I had the top speed of 29 on that little hill, but it felt like a thousand mph on that thing! Just thought you guys would get a kick out of the stupidity!

Comment

Air filters?

What did you use for the filters?
                I really like that look! I'm trying to build a GS powered chopper and I'm in need of air filter ideas.

Thanks!

Comment

The filters I got from a friend that works at Mikita.
                  It was a filter from a cement saw
                  It was a larger square piece that I cut into 4 circles.
                  I first cut a small metal screen into a circle the same size as the stack. Then used a little high heat gasket sealer to hold the filter snug in place behind the screen and then then tightend up the clamp.
                  I have black ones in now, The ones in the picture were all he had at the time.
                  I'm sure a local power tool repair center could hook you up.

Her's a shot before paint and you can see the split and clamp.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

awesome job. I am inspired to try something similar in the future.
                    Besides the jockey journal, what other websites would you recommend that have Japanese bikes for reference. As much as I like harleys, i always like seeing "alternative" bobbers/chops?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilV88 View Post
                      awesome job. I am inspired to try something similar in the future.
                      Besides the jockey journal, what other websites would you recommend that have Japanese bikes for reference. As much as I like harleys, i always like seeing "alternative" bobbers/chops?
                      Try The Chopper Underground...

Comment

Here ya go Craiger, my 8 year old son took these today with his little pocket camera from the minivan with Mom., in between raindrops.

***Momma got some good ones with the real camera, I'll post them when she gets them done.

Comment

By Thor, that thing is HAWT!!

Definitely going to be inspiration for a possible winter project on mine...

Comment

kenny its nice to see you over here. saw your build on the "jj". have to admit to stealing a few of your ideas. i mean hell you built a nice bike. when i saw the jawa i instantly went to craigslist looking for a moped. drool! that would be so much fun to buzz around.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2008, 06:55 PM. Reason: slept thru inglish clas

Comment

Originally posted by kenny p View Post
                              Here ya go Craiger, my 8 year old son took these today with his little pocket camera from the minivan with Mom., in between raindrops.

***Momma got some good ones with the real camera, I'll post them when she gets them done.

looking good going down the road

Comment

hey kenny

looking great i thought you have to fold those legs up when riding but it looks comfortable to me.
                                question: how many miles can you drive with that tank(2.2 or 3.1 gallon??) ?

love the sephia pics always look better than full color(but thats my opinion).

wally

ps. do you have a video of the sound???????

Comment

Working...
                                X