No announcement yet.

'80 850 bobber style project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hopin' Santa Claus brings me a camera with sound this year.
    Don't know about the mileage yet, still cruisin' close to home "just in case"

Comment

Awesome Ride!

Kenny you have a very active imagination and being able to turn that into working machines is a talent that many of us envy Keep up the great work the bobber is great as well as all the other "toys" AWESOME!

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Kenny. The bike looks much bigger with you on it.

I really dig the style of that bike.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny p View Post
          Don't know about the mileage yet, still cruisin' close to home "just in case"

got a leatherman? you'll be fine bro.

Comment

Bike looks great, Kenny! Please tell me that you don't ride around like that on a daily basis...

Mark

Comment

what bracket did you use to mount the front of the seat? kickstand? what kind of paint did you use on the frame?
              Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2008, 02:40 AM.

Comment

When I frist saw that beater

I thought what a wreck, the carbs looked like they sat for 15 years. Then I see some progress but dont know where, eventually it starts to take shape and suddenly I'm looking at art . Geeze your are an artist .

Great artistc vision and and practical execution (poor man ).

Great work. Love to see more.

Posplayr

Comment

MarkM...Not daily, but as much as I can.

Rooster- The plate actually mounted to the seatpan is a little bracket from the back of a legrest from a wheelchair. Then just welded two tabs to the frame, and ran a thru bolt.
                  Frame is just Black Rustoleum Rattle can.
                  Kickstand...... I will post a pic when I get home of it. You'll love this one!

Thanks for the nice compliment Posplayr.
                  I think the next project is going to be a Cafe style bike, we'll see.

Comment

Kenny,

Get some proper riding gear when you can, I want to see you around for a few more builds and some more of those wacky gravity racer projects you have everywhere in your garage. Pavement surfing sucks even in good gear, it sucks a lot worse in no gear.

Mark

Comment

Rooster- The plate actually mounted to the seatpan is a little bracket from the back of a legrest from a wheelchair. Then just welded two tabs to the frame, and ran a thru bolt.
                      Frame is just Black Rustoleum Rattle can.
                      Kickstand...... I will post a pic when I get home of it. You'll love this one!

Thanks for the nice compliment Posplayr.
                      I think the next project is going to be a Cafe style bike, we'll see.
                      i need to find me a wheel chair

Comment

Okay Rooster, here it is.
                        In the manner of KISS (keep it simple stupid).......
                        I found a stainless electrical desktop box, took the outlet covers off the sides, cut out flat aluminum and screwed them in and secured a magnet on the bottom. Put a small steel strip (circular saw blade wrench trimmed down) on the top of the tranny section and when the bike is not being held up (see photo) I slip it in ontop the tranny and she sticks like a mutha until I need to "put the kickstand down" again. And it fills in the emptyness under the carbs too!! It's really all I could come up with
                        ***And those holes on the brake arm don't really look that crooked in real life, they look awful in pic!!!

You can see it in front and just below my knee in this pic.
                        Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Amazing how much bigger that rear tire looks.

Comment

Craiger---You're right, In that picture it looks HUGE!

Hey Markm, I mentioned to a buddy of mine that you commented on the riding gear (or lack thereof) and he made me laugh with his come back......
                            He said, "If I was concerned about my safety, I wouldn't be out ridin' a Motorcycle!"
                            What a smart ass. LOL

Comment

Hey Markm, I mentioned to a buddy of mine that you commented on the riding gear (or lack thereof) and he made me laugh with his come back......
                              He said, "If I was concerned about my safety, I wouldn't be out ridin' a Motorcycle!"
                              What a smart ass. LOL
                              As always, YMMV... Each his own... Different strokes, etc.

It does sound like he has never tasted pavement, though. I don't know anyone who has got off without gear that will repeat that experience.

Take care, Kenny. The bike looks fantastic and has to be the best bobber I have seen, regardless of bike make or model.

Mark

Comment

Astounded...looks cool as
                                great work sir

Comment

Working...
                                X