Band/Gixer Conversion (week 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Band/Gixer Conversion (week 2)

The transformation continues....Still lack the front sprocket which explains no chain, should have later this week. Rear swing and wheel came off a 98 Bandit, which Katman fabbed with the rear shock bushings. (Thanks Rob!)Its probably obvious at this point that Isleoman's GS was the inspiration behind this project. If you have not seen his build look it up, his is probably one of the coolest looking bikes I have ever seen!

The Vance and Hines exhaust is having high temp powder coating applied, should have it back for next set of pics. Recieved the GSXR front yesterday. No clocks on the handlebars, in the process of swaping out for 83 to get the 140 Speedo.....TWO FATTYS IN THE GARAGE NOW!

Out

J

Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2008, 11:00 PM.

Aside from the shock mounts, is that Bandit swinger a direct bolt in, or are there frame mods required? I am considering beefing up the suspension and wheel/tire selection on the soon to be mine 1100ESD, but refuse to make it not returnable to stock, so im curious..

Comment

Absolutely no mods to the frame...a new set of bushings to go a long with the stockers..check with Katman, he set me up with the rear build out.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        Absolutely no mods to the frame...a new set of bushings to go a long with the stockers..check with Katman, he set me up with the rear build out.
        Very cool thanks for the info. BTW, not that these 1100s arent dead sexy to begin with, but with those fatter tires, it looks like pure sex on wheels. Nothing but MUSCLE!!

Comment

What's up?

What tear front end is that?

Thanks, Suapvert

Comment

The front end is a 92 GSXR 1100 with a 93 top triple, with 93 triple the steering stops work. I ordered a set of Race Tech springs and seals to replace the originals, both sides leak like bad plumbing. Got them on ebay of course....like a box of chocolates you never know whatcha gonna get!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just picked up a complete front end off of a 92 for $250.00. I wanted to know what problems to look for.

Thanks, Supavert

Comment

Based on what I have researched here on the Forum, I would definitly replace the springs with a set of Race Techs, the originals are 16 + years old and your GS is probably somewhat heavier, so it's money welll spent. Expect to pay about $100.00 and go with the 1.0kg/mm. I have to correct myself on the triples, the lower triple steering stops on the pre 93 are too short. Not a huge issue from what I am told. Some small screws or weld on will add enough length. also if they leak they are going to need seals, about $80.00 in labor and the price of the seals to have done. (a quick check.. stand them up and push on them a few times, if there bad you'll see a yellowish oil residue on the lower stem.
                Hope this helps
                Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2008, 09:36 PM.

Comment

If it was me

And I was diving into the forks like that, you are already $180 above teh $250 what is another $170 for Race Tech gold valves?

If I dive into mine that is whatI will do.

Posplayr

Comment

Thanks man I'll try that today and let you know what happens.

Peace! Supavert

Comment

Week 5

Finally got the forks back after having new springs installed. managed to get the front end swapped out, the photo shows a mock up of how it will look...long way to go. At this point trying to get everything dry fitted and functioning on the front and rear suspension. Front fender is primed for paint, searching for headlamp clamps, working on getting the gauge bracket and rear sets completed.

Comment

That is a GSXR1100 frontend, stock fender?

Looking great and gives some ideas for my GS1100EX

You don't mind do you?

I wonder if that taillight will work on the EX? hmmm

Comment

Front End

Yes , that is a 93 GSXR 1100 front end and stock GSXR fender..take all the ideas you want

Comment

Looking good!

I went with the fat tire look on my GS1100esd and like it too!

Comment

The bike looks great! Keep up the good work and please keep us posted.

Peace! Supavert

Comment

Working...
                              X