• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closer look

No brake rotor yet..slowly piecing together

Comment

more powder coating

Had the hub powder coated as well to complete the black out..

Comment

Looking real clean

The black and silver background with gold and red detail looks great.

Making me think real hard about doing a 180 as well (on the rear at least )

Pos

Comment

Great work! I'm with the masses on this one; when you had the stock roto-tiller handle-bars on with the massive 1" grips I just thought "Oh dude, Suzuki already made this bike for you a few years back (GSX1100G...I think)"

Anyway, drag bars, swingarm, forks, wheels; all great stuff. But for me it's your attention to detail that is making this thing impress. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and as a guy who's installed the later-model rear-sets on 80s era super-bikes, you're doing a wise thing by having pegs that have rubber inserts...makes a bit of a difference, in my opinion...again, my complements.

Comment

Joe,

Things are looking great!! Hope mine finishes up looking that good!! I think I have sourced forks, a rear caliper and front master clylinder. My parts stock pile is coming along faster than I thought!

Good luck, and keep posting lots of pics

Mike
            Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
              Great work! I'm with the masses on this one; when you had the stock roto-tiller handle-bars on with the massive 1" grips I just thought "Oh dude, Suzuki already made this bike for you a few years back (GSX1100G...I think)"

Anyway, drag bars, swingarm, forks, wheels; all great stuff. But for me it's your attention to detail that is making this thing impress. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and as a guy who's installed the later-model rear-sets on 80s era super-bikes, you're doing a wise thing by having pegs that have rubber inserts...makes a bit of a difference, in my opinion...again, my complements.
              Yeah the handlebars looked a little cheesy, but I didnt have my new ones at that time was anxious to put it together. Thanks for the compliments, still have alot to do..

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                Joe,

Things are looking great!! Hope mine finishes up looking that good!! I think I have sourced forks, a rear caliper and front master clylinder. My parts stock pile is coming along faster than I thought!

Good luck, and keep posting lots of pics

Mike
                Thanks Mike!

Good luck on the parts hunt...Your swingarm should arrive this week

Joe

Comment

got the swing arm today...will head out to Katman after tax refund arrives for the dual shock conversion and such...

Joe, the only swing arm I have seen cleaner than this one you sent is on a new bike!!

Y'all do business with Joe if you have a chance!!
                  Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                    got the swing arm today...will head out to Katman after tax refund arrives for the dual shock conversion and such...

Joe, the only swing arm I have seen cleaner than this one you sent is on a new bike!!

Y'all do business with Joe if you have a chance!!
                    Thanks Mike!

You can't go wrong with katman!

Comment

wow i got to say your gs is looking great. i would like to do mods to my 1100 so what your doing is a great help in ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by schlyme View Post
                        wow i got to say your gs is looking great. i would like to do mods to my 1100 so what your doing is a great help in ideas.

Thanks Schlyme, lots to do yet.

Comment

Decals & seat

Recieved the decals from Reproduction Decals today along with some seat swatches from Sargents. Decided to have the stock seat recovered. Going with the carbon fiber pattern in the saddle area trimmed with the black leather panels and the matching champagn bead trim.

Seat Swatches

Decals

Comment

jwhelan65,

Very tasteful and visually appealing/performance mods you're making to your GS, I really like it!

Have you considered going with the seat all black? Just my outsider observers opinion.

This SteveA Katana seat done in two materials and all black looks dynamite. (Sorry to booger the thread with the big pic.)

Comment

Um, no thread could ever be buggered up by a pic of an old Kat that pretty
                              Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

Thanks for the compliments Nor Cal...Yeah I have viewed that Kat a 100 times!! kinda on the fence with the seat, black does look good with the two textures..
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-01-2009, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X