Band/Gixer Conversion (week 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
    Recieved the decals from Reproduction Decals today along with some seat swatches from Sargents. Decided to have the stock seat recovered. Going with the carbon fiber pattern in the saddle area trimmed with the black leather panels and the matching champagn bead trim.

Seat Swatches

Decals

It sounds like your Sargent seat cover is along the lines of mine. Mine is the Griptex vinyl which I believe is no longer available. The colored piping makes a big difference vs. an all black seat, in my opinion:

You mention you're going to have the seat covered. It's pretty easy to install the cover yourself. Jethro and I both did our own. Jethro wrote up a pictorial procedure. I searched for it but couldn't find it. You might PM him to see if ha has a link.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Funny

Thanks Joe!!..I was looking for this picture to post as an example..your right the griptex has been replaced by the Carbon Fiber. Yours looks great! Yours gave me the idea..

joe

Comment

Thanks Joe!!..I was looking for this picture to post as an example..your right the griptex has been replaced by the Carbon Fiber. Yours looks great! Yours gave me the idea..

joe
        Joe,

I am flattered to have even a tiny bit of influence on your fantastic build!

Thanks,
        Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          It sounds like your Sargent seat cover is along the lines of mine. Mine is the Griptex vinyl which I believe is no longer available. The colored piping makes a big difference vs. an all black seat, in my opinion:

You mention you're going to have the seat covered. It's pretty easy to install the cover yourself. Jethro and I both did our own. Jethro wrote up a pictorial procedure. I searched for it but couldn't find it. You might PM him to see if ha has a link.

Thanks,
          Joe
          Joe
          Thanks for the info, I actually sent two seats to Sargents. They did not have a cover for the 85 700es so I had to send it so they could pattern it. I through the 1100 in with it and had them do both. Cant decide on the piping??

Nice TL btw...

joe

Comment

Finally got the front wheel back from the powder coater, cleaned up the rotors and had a new Pirelli mounted.

Comment

Hey J,
              which model Diablos are you running? The 180 rear is the narrowest 180, right? I need to purchase a set and discovered that there are about 10 variations of the Diablo tire. Thanks!

Josh

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing how your bike turns out. Very, very clean work you do; good stuff, please keep posting.
                -KR

Comment

Originally posted by ironsheik View Post
                  Hey J,
                  which model Diablos are you running? The 180 rear is the narrowest 180, right? I need to purchase a set and discovered that there are about 10 variations of the Diablo tire. Thanks!

Josh
                  They are Diablo Supersports, puchased from Cycle Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                    I'm looking forward to seeing how your bike turns out. Very, very clean work you do; good stuff, please keep posting.
                    -KR
                    Thanks man, longway to go!!

Comment

Thanks man, longway to go!!
                      Ha! Clearly, you havn't seen my bike!

Comment

new seat cover

Got the seat back from Sargents today, the fit is a little tight

Comment

Looks great! What else is left on the to-do list?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                            Looks great! What else is left on the to-do list?
                            Ok here we go

-remove engine for paint
                            -powder coat frame
                            -gauge bracket completed ( scapped my last one )
                            -mount ignition switch
                            -rear set plates complete
                            -replace brake lines
                            -install carbs and pods
                            -new grips
                            -mirrors
                            -front master
                            -front brake set up
                            -new front brake pads
                            -oil cooler (maybe)
                            The list goes on and on....just need the time!!

Comment

BTW, can you take a pic of the steering stops you put in place? I have the same front end setup. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmcp View Post
                                BTW, can you take a pic of the steering stops you put in place? I have the same front end setup. Thanks.

Patrick,

The steering stops are on the stock 93 GSXR lower triple. They work but they only allow a minimum amount of clearance. I am considering welding new ones that are longer.

jw

Comment

Working...
                                X