New backrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New backrest

I can't believe how I fell into this deal. Zook posted an ad for an '83 1100E in our local area. I eMailed the guy to let him know it was the wrong year (he had it listed as an '82). In the process, I got him to send me a couple pics of the bike with the backrest on it.

Upon receiving them, I told him that was exactly what I'd been looking for for the past year and was hoping to get some dimensions from him to recreate it. Lo and behold, I get an eMail from him the next morning. The bike had sold the night before, but because the buyer talked him down $150, he decided to keep the backrest and other accessories to try and sell on eBay. He told me if I was still interested in it, I could have it for $20. I Paypal'd the money to him instantly. No way was I letting this one get by.

Now, because of the price, I was expecting it to need repainting and a recover of the padding. However, when I arrived to pick it up, it looked brand new. I couldn't believe it.

And because it fits the style of my bike and looks so good, it's staying on there permanently.

What a deal, good for you Craiger, looks great too!

Comment

I like it.....I like it alot.

Looks good and sweet deal. It's karma, you were trying to help him and he ended up helping you. That's karma, right?
      Anyway....
      Nice.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Thanks guys.

If that's karma, I'll take it!

Comment

Score !!!

Comment

Very good deal you got there.. now if I could make a score like that myself.............LOL!

Comment

Craig,

You got a TOTAL deal on that piece! I don't know if I've ever seen another one before now, but I bought that same backrest AND the mini rack that matches it back in 1989 for my 550L, and even with a little surface rust on mine I don't plan to let it go for less than $125. The more common "standard" KG racks and backrests are getting harder to find and they go in excellent condition for between $100 - $150.

At $20 you scored BIG, Pal! Looks very good on the 1100, too - having gotten used to it on a small "L" bike I wasn't sure it'd even fit the lines of an 1100E.

Incidentally, I just sent Terrylee2u a PM on my rack.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                Craig,

You got a TOTAL deal on that piece! I don't know if I've ever seen another one before now, but I bought that same backrest AND the mini rack that matches it back in 1989 for my 550L, and even with a little surface rust on mine I don't plan to let it go for less than $125. The more common "standard" KG racks and backrests are getting harder to find and they go in excellent condition for between $100 - $150.

At $20 you scored BIG, Pal! Looks very good on the 1100, too - having gotten used to it on a small "L" bike I wasn't sure it'd even fit the lines of an 1100E.

Regards,
                Thanks. I told my wife I didn't think the guy knew what he had as they go for over $100 in the shape it's in. Seriously, it looks brand new. When he told me I could have it for $20, I asked him if he had PayPal as I didn't want him to have the chance to look up it's true value. That might be a bit selfish on my part, but hey.

I wasn't sure I'd like it on the 1100E as I do lean toward the sporty look of the bike, but it fits the style so well....I just can't take it off.

Comment

It looks good!
                  As you say, WOOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Zook View Post
                    It looks good!
                    As you say, WOOT!
                    Thanks dude......seriously!

Comment

I saw your sig before I read this post and was thinking to myself "thats new, where did he get that?"

Very nice and it looks great. Good score!

Comment

Originally posted by buster View Post
                        I saw your sig before I read this post and was thinking to myself "thats new, where did he get that?"

Very nice and it looks great. Good score!
                        LOL! Now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post

Regards,
                          I am very interested in seeing how that looks on the ''L'' model!

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee2u View Post
                            I am very interested in seeing how that looks on the ''L'' model!
                            Sorry, Terry ... got tied up today with a variety of "family" stuff. I'll get to the pictures tomorrow - promise!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                            X