my free gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my free gs1000

Got it yesterday... has a katana front end and a gs1100 swing arm(at least that's what i think it is). Going to end up chopping it or cafe racer. Got to fig out rear wheel im going to put on. So people cafe racer or chop it?

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
    Got it yesterday... has a katana front end and a gs1100 swing arm(at least that's what i think it is). Going to end up chopping it or cafe racer. Got to fig out rear wheel im going to put on. So people cafe racer or chop it?
    Cafe, choppers are for morons.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

+1 on the chopper thing. Doesn't take much imagination to make something look slow. Choppers have slow V-twins, not sweet inline 4's! Make a badass cafe out of it! Check out the boys over at www.dotheton.com. Lots of ideas out there, and the aim for everything is to keep the costs down.

Comment

Cafe or superbike style for sure. If you had gotten an "L" then that would make a chopper. But you have a sweet beginning for a sporting style machine.
        The rear wheel will be easy for you, there are plenty of used early GSXR wheels out there that will go in there with little work.

Comment

Looks like a Bandit front end to me with the 1100 ET/EX style swingarm.

Its gone a little from being standard which is my preference so why not customize it into an old classic with modern running gear. So bandit 12 swingarm, wheel and MONO-shock conversion.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki mad View Post
            Looks like a Bandit front end to me with the 1100 ET/EX style swingarm.

Its gone a little from being standard which is my preference so why not customize it into an old classic with modern running gear. So bandit 12 swingarm, wheel and MONO-shock conversion.

Suzuki mad
            I will take more pics of the front end.. not sure what mods were done before my coz got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
              Cafe or superbike style for sure. If you had gotten an "L" then that would make a chopper. But you have a sweet beginning for a sporting style machine.
              The rear wheel will be easy for you, there are plenty of used early GSXR wheels out there that will go in there with little work.
              what year gsxr wheels? what do i need to do to make it work? I might just chop it because I got a free sportster tank with it
              Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

here are pics of the front

Comment

You can sell the tank to pay for other parts.
                  Suzuki used the small rear axle up through the mid 90s if not longer. I have a Yamaha R1 wheel on the back of one of my projects, All it took were some spacers for the 28mm bearings to run on the small axle.
                  Basically look at the Bandit, Katana and early 90s GSXrs for rear rims till you find the match for your front.

Comment

more of the front

Comment

You can sell the tank to pay for other parts.
                      Suzuki used the small rear axle up through the mid 90s if not longer. I have a Yamaha R1 wheel on the back of one of my projects, All it took were some spacers for the 28mm bearings to run on the small axle.
                      Basically look at the Bandit, Katana and early 90s GSXrs for rear rims till you find the match for your front.
                      what about the brakes in the rear? and sprockets?

Comment

I think those handlebars are mounted on the wrong sides, They should be forward of the fork tubes angling back. This will allow the levers to mount up properly.

Comment

I think those handlebars are mounted on the wrong sides, They should be forward of the fork tubes angling back. This will allow the levers to mount up properly.

ha i know right.. i will do that tonight

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
                            what about the brakes in the rear? and sprockets?
                            The sprocket and hub should match the rim but there is some interchangeability from early to late.
                            The brakes can mix and match, there is allot of swapping available with them.
                            But it is safest to find as much from the bike you get the wheel from to make it easy.

Comment

The sprocket and hub should match the rim but there is some interchangeability from early to late.
                              The brakes can mix and match, there is allot of swapping available with them.
                              But it is safest to find as much from the bike you get the wheel from to make it easy.
                              dont i need the offset on the front sprocket right?

Comment

Working...
                              X