my free gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by po-boy View Post
    Go for it! Just be prepared for the backlash from all the purists. One more thing, make it your own, do it the way you want, not the way that everyone else is doing it. Good luck and keep us posted(w/pics of course)...

thanks bro... I will have more pics in two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by po-boy View Post
      Go for it! Just be prepared for the backlash from all the purists. One more thing, make it your own, do it the way you want, not the way that everyone else is doing it. Good luck and keep us posted(w/pics of course)...
      What does being a "purist" have to do with it? Removing a bunch of frame structure is dangerous. My concern is for the safety of the rider, not for the purity of the GS genealogy. Chop all you want but build enough structure into the stink'n frame so you can control the thing.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        What does being a "purist" have to do with it?
        Purists?
        On this forum?
        Yeah, right.

Cut, hack, bend, hammer, weld, then ride it yourself so when the frame breaks it won't hurt anyone else.

Ride slowly, it won't hurt as much.
        Last edited by tkent02; 10-28-2008, 12:51 AM.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

On the issue of purists. I think there a many people on this forum who have been around a long time. They've seen guys post up about their grand plans and after a while, they stop posting because they got in way over their heads and they never end up finishing their bikes. If you had a 1000S or something like that it would be different. I'd be the first one yelling at you about cutting it up.

I think that generally though, the "purists" are just people who know that 9 times out of 10 these hacked projects end up either being unsafe death traps, or they never get put together at all. The latter is sometimes preferable after some of the mods people try.

You already sliced and diced your bike to the point of no return. This happened before you ever rode it and discovered how much fun it is in stock form. I can say personally that I have changed my mind about a lot of things after having ridden the bike once I got it back together. The brakes aren't that bad, the suspension isn't that bad, it has tons of power, it looks alright. Suzuki spent a lot of money on engineering and they did a great job. The bike is Uber reliable and there isn't a whole lot that I can look at and say, "that's just dumb", " I can do it better". Even if I could, I don't have acsess to the tools and equipment to do it right. I've ridden my share of death trap bikes and lived to tell about it. I came out of it wiser for the experience.

So,cut and weld to you heart's content. Have fun. After all, it's your bike and you can do whatever you want. Post pictures. Most importantly, be safe and get it done, so that you can ride it.

Comment

whats the big deal. ohh if it was a 1000s that will be a way different story. I dont see whats the big deal about making a bobber about of this bike. The posts from Kenny P and Richharr threads . I saw people on this forum love there bikes. I'm doing the same thing to my frame like Richharr so i dont know whats the big deal.my build I all I hear it ohh my god why did he do that.
            We all ride motorcycles ... so we all ride death traps anyway

Comment

The big deal is that most of the nay-sayers don't have the Kahonies or creativity to do what your tryin to pull off, therefore they scoff and criticize on this board and then, gaze with desire at the photo's we post, wishin, wantin... Are these chops and bobbers practical, no, are they a hell of a lot of fun to build and then ride as passers by give the thumbs up or just smile and nod, you betcha! Keep choppin bro, stock is fine, just not for me and many others.

Comment

chopped

.....these bikes are classic road demons not chopped ape hangers....please no choppers!

Comment

New pics? I'm curious as to what your doing in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
                    New pics? I'm curious as to what your doing in the middle.
                    I will have new pics next weekend

Comment

just a little updated

Comment

looks good! Have to thumbs down the sportster tank. Try harder. U will be happier when you bike doesn't look like everyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
                          looks good! Have to thumbs down the sportster tank. Try harder. U will be happier when you bike doesn't look like everyone elses.
                          Thanks man But I cant beat a free tank

Comment

definitly hard to beat free.

Comment

here is a little update but still got a long way to go

Comment

Lookin good man. How bout some more pics from the side, just like to see the different methods used in hardtailin these frames. Keep up the good work, it'll all be worth it in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X