my free gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
    whats the big deal. ohh if it was a 1000s that will be a way different story. I dont see whats the big deal about making a bobber about of this bike. The posts from Kenny P and Richharr threads . I saw people on this forum love there bikes. I'm doing the same thing to my frame like Richharr so i dont know whats the big deal.my build I all I hear it ohh my god why did he do that.
    We all ride motorcycles ... so we all ride death traps anyway

I love a well made bike no matter what style it is. If it's done tastefully, with attention to detail, it'll look great. As for the frame, your work looks really nice, and I'm sure you'll do a good job of it. You seem to have a lot of nice tools at your disposal.

As for the design and tubing for the frame, just because someone else has made a bike using the same frame design doesn't make it good. Just saying, don't go by what others did. Don't know if you've looked into frame design information or not, but I'd brace the back of the original frame a little more than what you have. You need more than that little cross bar across the top of the original frame. Look up the bracing tutorial that is talked about on the forum for GS1000 bracing. There's pictures of what goes where and a description of why, and what it helps to do. Too much flexing leads to cracking. Cracking leads to a place you don't want to be.

Not trying to deter you from building what you're building, just don't want you to be anther needless statistic. Build a good bike and ride it for many good, long years.

Comment

frame from the side.... still got a long way to go

Comment

I agree with Rudy - that's a death ride you got there.

The entire frame rests on a single tube and will snap right off. You need a lot more tubing where you cut the frame at the back top.
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
          I agree with Rudy - that's a death ride you got there.

The entire frame rests on a single tube and will snap right off. You need a lot more tubing where you cut the frame at the back top.

And looking at it a little more, you need some more around the neck as well!!!

Comment

the frame is no were near of being done...I just want to throw the rear tire and front just to see how it looks ha

Comment

Nice, keep the pics comin...

Comment

I agree, go with two pack (baked enamel from an auto shop) - much better than powder coating.

Comment

lookin good,keep it up,make it safe, & ride the hell out of it when done....but whatta I know...I'm a moron too!
                  oh,& keep the pics comin

Comment

I like it...cant wait to see it when its done.

Really makes me want to pick up a cheap bike and chop it

Comment

Working...
                    X