82 gs650gl Tank replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs650gl Tank replacement?

I'm looking for a replacement tank for my '82 gs650gl. Ideally, I'd like to get something that has a higher capacity (the L tanks are small).

Has anyone here tried fitting other tanks, or does anyone have a suggestion? I'd LOVE to get something more squared-off with more capacity.

Thanks in advance!

I put a harley fatbob on my scoot(750l)Im going to see if some split tanks will fit next.

Comment

How bout the whole bike.....

Comment

Hmm... well, it would be quite tempting if I wasn't on the other side of the country.

Comment

Same issue. Got a GS650GLD and would like a larger Suzuki replacement. To keep the theme going. I can only go about 90 miles on a tank of gas!

Comment

I believe the 650GT (sold in UK/Europe) model had the same frame as the GL, and both are different than the G.

But even so, you'd only get another 4 liters capacity (a touch over 1 US gallon/less than one Imperial gallon), and there would be the eBay shipping to deal with.

Comment

Anyone have any experience fitting a non-suzi part? I'm not too worried about keeping things stock, just want them better than they are...

Comment

I was gonna try and fit....

this tank on my GS850

Whoa!! Sorry the pix are so big!

Comment

Working...
                X